Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad something is being done with the Echo, but surely we can do more than unfollowing them on twitter? That doesn't effect their revenue seriously, so I doubt it would have a major impact.

Some might say they will get less money from clicks on links, but don't they get pennies from one click? So if 1,000 people unfollowed them, thats £10 away from the Echo.

Surely we can do more than that?

I'm glad something is being done with the Echo, but surely we can do more than unfollowing them on twitter? That doesn't effect their revenue seriously, so I doubt it would have a major impact.

Some might say they will get less money from clicks on links, but don't they get pennies from one click? So if 1,000 people unfollowed them, thats £10 away from the Echo.

Surely we can do more than that?

Can't see how, can barely raise a crowd demonstration against the disgrace of a board nevermind the Echo. By not clicking on links revenue will be hit, all made up stories anyway, Prentice and O Keeffe are obviously not allowed to ask the important question's for fear of being banned by the club again.

After reading their nostalgia and other crap to fill space today I finally deleted their website link from phone. That'll show them

Can't see how, can barely raise a crowd demonstration against the disgrace of a board nevermind the Echo. By not clicking on links revenue will be hit, all made up stories anyway, Prentice and O Keeffe are obviously not allowed to ask the important question's for fear of being banned by the club again.

Unfortunately, this. As a collective, Evertonians are not the most proactive of supporters. Also, it would take a significant number to stop clicking for the Echo to be arsed about that. This entire sites readership would be a start...

Boycotts? Let them stew in their own piss. It's enough that they know what a laughing stock they are.

I think it's a sign of how their Everton coverage is so utterly bankrupt that they dont even have feature writers anymore that you know are going to cover the club. It used to be that there was one clear 'Everton designated' reporter with one other reporter chipping in. Now we have a shed load of reporters covering Everton stories and there's no sense of cohesion about the whole process. It's a shambolic effort; a conveyor belt of reporters rehashing official site news and following the preoccupations of Everton forums at any one time.

It's time for that paper to start again where EFC are concerned. They are floundering with no rhyme or reason to their coverage. The reporters are dripping in cynicism and a barely concealed resentment at having to do their their jobs.

I have to go against the majority view on this one. I enjoy reading the Echo's coverage of us. I think in many ways their coverage does reflect the fancies quite well. It is less optimistic than the coverage of Liverpool, but thats because we lack the mindless optimism that infects their support base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back