Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up buying the Echo a long time ago. It is just too expensive and you do not really need it.

Interesting to see a campaign against the Liverpool Echo grow;

https://twitter.com/RedEchoBoycott

^ Nearly 2,000 followers in a day or so, and they've really impacted Liverpool Echo's Twitter follower count.

More and more seem to be (rightly or wrongly), questioning Liverpool Echo's Integrity, alleging they represent the club, and not the fans.

Now. I understand the below to be facts.

• Liverpool Echo - Owned by Trinity Mirror;
    The Liverpool Echo is a newspaper published by Trinity Mirror in Liverpool, Merseyside, England.

• Everton FC is a big, big customer of Trinity Mirror.

• Trinity Mirror produce Everton's print (Programmes/Evertonian etc.)

• Trinity Mirror acquired/own a digital agency called Ripple Effect;
    In 2008, Trinity Mirror acquired Liverpool-based agency Ripple Effect, which offers services including digital design and build, which the company believes can help clients of its regional newspaper business.
  • This digital agency, Ripple Effect are Everton's digital agency. They build Everton's website/apps etc and on a sizable monthly retainer. Visit RippleEffect.com and you'll see how big a client Everton is - this is the first thing you see on loading up their website;
ripplehomepage.webp

Client Stories: http://www.rippleffect.com/client-stories/everton/

• Trinity Mirror, through the Liverpool Echo, secure campaign sponsorship funding from Everton FC for adverts placed in the Liverpool Echo paper, and on their website. Most recently, the Everton season ticket campaign.

Now, the question I have is... if you're Trinity Mirror/Liverpool Echo - would you risk biting the hand that feeds?

And that is why I personally believe we don't see any investigative journalism, or even any remote risk of anything that could upset their (Trinity Mirrors) key paying client (Everton FC).

What gets to me about the echo is the amount of LFC coverage that makes the non sports pages. It's like as if they are the only news in the city.One of their fans only has to get a tattoo or write yet another Istanbul story and it gets a full page spread.
It's become a Kopite comic in recent years.

^ Nearly 2,000 followers in a day or so, and they've really impacted Liverpool Echo's Twitter follower count.

More and more seem to be (rightly or wrongly), questioning Liverpool Echo's Integrity, alleging they represent the club, and not the fans.

The Liverpool Echo is a newspaper published by Trinity Mirror in Liverpool, Merseyside, England.

In 2008, Trinity Mirror acquired Liverpool-based agency Ripple Effect, which offers services including digital design and build, which the company believes can help clients of its regional newspaper business.
  • This digital agency, Ripple Effect are Everton's digital agency. They build Everton's website/apps etc and on a sizable monthly retainer. Visit RippleEffect.com and you'll see how big a client Everton is - this is the first thing you see on loading up their website;
View attachment 10604

• Trinity Mirror, through the Liverpool Echo, secure campaign sponsorship funding from Everton FC for adverts placed in the Liverpool Echo paper, and on their website. Most recently, the Everton season ticket campaign.

Now, the question I have is... if you're Trinity Mirror/Liverpool Echo - would you risk biting the hand that feeds?

And that is why I personally believe we don't see any investigative journalism, or even any remote risk of anything that could upset their (Trinity Mirrors) key paying client (Everton FC).

How dare they upset their biggest client then...by this awful and biased journalism? Or are we over reacting?

Before any one boycotts the Echo ask your self if You have done enough or indeed anything at all by the way of complaining about the obvious degrading coverage the club gets. I have on many occasions, or would you rather sit there in your armchair moaning & gripeing on an internet forum..
Rather than everyone on this & every other Everton forum putting our local newspaper on "ignore" why not EVERY Evertonian bombard them with complaints repeatedly.
If we dont, all we are doing is losing a vehicle to voice our views.....Think carefully before you hand Liverpool fc carte blanche in your local media.

Because they don't care as it's entirely staffed by reds or closet reds.

Don't waste our time.

View attachment 10604

Simple. They have NO integrity.

None. Zip. Nada.

@davek

View attachment 10604

Didn't Derek Hattons lad own Ripple Effect? You know, the one who backed Kenwright after the Blue Uniongate

View attachment 10604

2k unfolllowed in a day? Brilliant. Can we get anyone to systematically tweet the other 24k followers?

@redechoboycott

Get it followed and do not follow the ECHO.

They're taking the ... out of us.

That Bundersleague article comparison says it all.

Written by reds. Edited by reds. Published by reds.

Says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back