Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see a campaign against the Liverpool Echo grow;

https://twitter.com/RedEchoBoycott

^ Nearly 2,000 followers in a day or so, and they've really impacted Liverpool Echo's Twitter follower count.

More and more seem to be (rightly or wrongly), questioning Liverpool Echo's Integrity, alleging they represent the club, and not the fans.

Now. I understand the below to be facts.

• Liverpool Echo - Owned by Trinity Mirror;
    The Liverpool Echo is a newspaper published by Trinity Mirror in Liverpool, Merseyside, England.

• Everton FC is a big, big customer of Trinity Mirror.

• Trinity Mirror produce Everton's print (Programmes/Evertonian etc.)

• Trinity Mirror acquired/own a digital agency called Ripple Effect;
    In 2008, Trinity Mirror acquired Liverpool-based agency Ripple Effect, which offers services including digital design and build, which the company believes can help clients of its regional newspaper business.
  • This digital agency, Ripple Effect are Everton's digital agency. They build Everton's website/apps etc and on a sizable monthly retainer. Visit RippleEffect.com and you'll see how big a client Everton is - this is the first thing you see on loading up their website;
View attachment 10604

Client Stories: http://www.rippleffect.com/client-stories/everton/

• Trinity Mirror, through the Liverpool Echo, secure campaign sponsorship funding from Everton FC for adverts placed in the Liverpool Echo paper, and on their website. Most recently, the Everton season ticket campaign.

Now, the question I have is... if you're Trinity Mirror/Liverpool Echo - would you risk biting the hand that feeds?

And that is why I personally believe we don't see any investigative journalism, or even any remote risk of anything that could upset their (Trinity Mirrors) key paying client (Everton FC).

I've decided. I'm boycotting anything to do with trinity Mirror.

Not been on the club site in 9 months since they did that awful redesign anyway. Can't find anything and it's hard to read.

Mainly I'm focusing the boycott at the ECHO however.

I think their cynical disparaging disrespectful sneers by innuendo towards Everton are plain to a blind man. I wouldn't read it if I was paid too.

Prentice and okeffe frankly I have no time for as they are party to it. The upper echelons are all reds and it's obvious this is why there is obvious disrespect in articles. So I don't care either about their stupid little rag.

The ECHO can rot.

If they try and pat me on my plucky little Everton head they're liable to lose a hand.

I despise them. On a scale of 1-10 they're at minus 5.

@davek

We are independent mate.

GOT does not advocate any such movement.

We don't decry it, but we don't actively support it.

GOT is not a platform for fan groups.

We agree. However @GrandOldTeam has voiced the frustrations of many - as evidenced by the anger directed at the ECHO in this thread.

And on GOT twitter. The response to their pathetic 'reach out' was perfect.

I would say if it were not for GOT many would still be ignorant of what the ECHO is actually doing.

I think it's important that Echo knows that we are concerned about the quality of their journalism.

Like Bizz said it's painfully obvious that reds have their fingers deep in Echos ethos.

I'm just lazy.

Anyway, @bizzaro has got this. He's doing it.

It's not so much "doing it".

I'm a tolerant person.

But the ECHO's behaviour is intolerable. Everton "In their natural position (sic)"

They think we're idiots. We're not.

A successful boycott is one where you apply increasing pressure.

From this point forward any links to the ECHO will be tagged by myself and others with a reminder of said boycott.

Additionally. The ECHO is already in deep trouble hence why they asked for dialogue. Now they've just shown a red rag to a bull (Evertonians).

They think they're clever. They're not.

I shall be making continued donations supporting @GrandOldTeam site whilst boycotting the ECHO.

I urge all to do the same. The Echo will never get a penny from me again.

I'm a tolerant person.

But the ECHO's behaviour is intolerable. Everton "In their natural position (sic)"

They think we're idiots. We're not.

A successful boycott is one where you apply increasing pressure.

From this point forward any links to the ECHO will be tagged by myself and others with a reminder of said boycott.

Additionally. The ECHO is already in deep trouble hence why they asked for dialogue. Now they've just shown a red rag to a bull (Evertonians).

They think they're clever. They're not.

I shall be making continued donations supporting @GrandOldTeam site whilst boycotting the ECHO.

I urge all to do the same. The Echo will never get a penny from me again.

An online petition would be better though.

*hint*

The ECHO is already in deep trouble hence why they asked for dialogue. Now they've just shown a red rag to a bull (Evertonians).
Snipped and highlighted the key phrase from your post. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back