Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important that Echo knows that we are concerned about the quality of their journalism.

Like Bizz said it's painfully obvious that reds have their fingers deep in Echos ethos.

In all of Merseyside, Cheshire, West Lancashire and North Wales - all places where they sell the Echo - there are probably more reds than blues.

They are just trying to attract their core readership, rightly or wrongly.

That said, if they want blues to buy it then they had best up the ante.

In all of Merseyside, Cheshire, West Lancashire and North Wales - all places where they sell the Echo - there are probably more reds than blues.

Er doubtful.

I am fully expecting to see ECHO employees on here stirring and spinning as well.

Fact remains they've alienated their own readership.

Well done to the absolute whoppers Prentice and OKeeffe and their Red Editors.

You've stirred up a hornets nest now...

@davek

Exactly why something must be done. Imo.
Im a foreigner meff but even I see the tone of Echo.

All I want is neutral journalism. Kopites writing s*** about Everton crosses the line.

That's not really the key thing.

Even if more reds do buy the Echo, that still doesn't excuse them from not investigating the problems at Everton instead of pretending everything fine.

It's not just 'the amount of coverage' that's the problem - it's the actual content!

Even if more reds do buy the Echo, that still doesn't excuse them from not investigating the problems at Everton instead of pretending everything fine.

It's not just 'the amount of coverage' that's the problem - it's the actual content!

And lack of balance too.
As the main newspaper for the city, surely they should be expected to give equanimity to the two major porting entities ?

Do I understand right here...do some think that echo isnt writing anti-board columns/ doing investiv. Journalism cause we have silently OK'd their pro-kopite agenda?

We've been shown our place in the picking order... so to speak... (?)

Its bad that they 'reached out to the fans' trying to 'improve relations'

Then published something obviously derogatory 'Everton...' being 'in their natural position 11th'

If no one can't see what is going on there, then they need to go to specsavers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back