Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed]?! Anyone watching Sky 1 and just see that Liverpool Echo advert or have I just imagined that?!

What the [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed]?! Anyone watching Sky 1 and just see that Liverpool Echo advert or have I just imagined that?!

Why, what have the barstools done now?

just got the mirror (another trinity publication), "slippy g" front page, back page and two full inside pages. Plus other gumpf about them inside. Talksport earlier on were talking about the gimps from over the park most of the morning...... What's the dawn fascination with these bells

Every single Prentice article is just stats, that he then drags a fill column out of. Tim Howard kept x clean sheets this season, that is two off the record set in ..., but he has a way to go to set the overall record set in y by z etc etc repeat ad nauseum

Zero investigative journalism.

The ECHO has 6 sports reporters we know of.
4 of them we know of are Liverpool fans.

1 is supposedly an Everton fan but I find that doubtful.

The ECHO has zero integrity

Them quotes are irrelevant, my point was not that Liverpool has more fans around Liverpool but that they have more fans who actually wear Liverpool stuff. I also think the support across the city is pretty evenly split (just that a greater % of Everton fans go the game).

One thing you need to learn.

When the G-man posts something.

It's always relevant.

He's a champion grand master level vaulter.

You've been warned.

It's not called the gangsters gazette for nothing.

It's no wonder they offer the coverage of Everton that they do. The contempt they show the general readership is obviously at work amongst their staff writers who they assign to Everton. Its that bad they've had to draft in people like Kristian Walsh to muster some enthusiasm in their coverage of the club. At least when he files a piece there's going to be some attention to detail and a probing of whether the issue he's reporting on will be better or worse for the future of the club. It comes to something when you rely on a Kopite for that. The likes of Prentice cant do anything other than conjure up some nonsense over Everton's history (I'm ok with historical stuff, but his are usually something banal like the history of controversial Everton refereeing decisions, or the record number of corners we had in any one season FFS!), and seemingly O'Keeffe can just about log on and type a word, such is his apparent lethargy on all things Everton...perhaps we're not as exciting for him as his z-list celebrity focussed twitter career?

Kristian Walsh.

Kristian bloody Walsh writing about Everton.

Like gonorea to my eyes.

Lol at the echo saying the announcement of Firmino broke the internet this morning!
I really do wonder sometimes what the RS support would do when they realise that they are being trolled hard for profit by the Echo.
It's really hyping up the bellendery to comedic levels and they never notice.

I really do wonder sometimes what the RS support would do when they realise that they are being trolled hard for profit by the Echo.
It's really hyping up the bellendery to comedic levels and they never notice.

The ECHO buy into it though. As they're full of bells

The ECHO buy into it though. As they're full of bells
they are a company, they do it for profit. It could well be that they do go out of their way to hire the biggest full-kit wearing bells, feed them full of Red Bull, then let them splurge whatever Red Bull they come out with across the paper because the gullible half will lap it up.

In my little world the Echo is run by an Evertonian, laughing so hard that the more ridiculous and mental the story he can get someone to write about the RS, the more money comes in.

Nobody reads the Echo for credible sports news especially about Everton. It's a poor man's Sportofacts

Last week or week before me dad brought a Sunday edition one home from the pub so had a quick look at the back pages, 2 page spread titled Everton United an it was an XI of players who have transferred between the clubs over the years, defo a dig at us for doin business with them since they haven't got over their success of the 90s and beyond.

It's not just Everton it's the whole paper what's the problem like these 25 Scouse sayings or Scouse dad sayings etc its embarrassing, an how they will jump on any major or non-major news around the country cos the victim/celebs auntie married a scouser, last one I seen they were following a bird in the big brother house nick naming her Scouse blood cos her nan was from childwall despite the rest of her family living down south all their lives pathetic.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back