Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton and Liverpool fans are a totally different type of football fan despite coming from the same city and the echo loves their way of supporting their team more than our more conservative view. For instance a nice warm day in Liverpool today and what do you see but endless replica shirted redsh***e from fat middle aged women to young men,kids(wont wear EFC tops) and even a pensioner on the bus I got today.
Not seen anybody wearing our new shirt yet (is it out yet) ? This gives the impression that LFC are more passionate about their team hence the echo,s flooded coverage of them

Everton and Liverpool fans are a totally different type of football fan despite coming from the same city and the echo loves their way of supporting their team more than our more conservative view. For instance a nice warm day in Liverpool today and what do you see but endless replica shirted redsh***e from fat middle aged women to young men,kids(wont wear EFC tops) and even a pensioner on the bus I got today.
Not seen anybody wearing our new shirt yet (is it out yet) ? This gives the impression that LFC are more passionate about their team hence the echo,s flooded coverage of them
plus they ARE comedy gold....

I was wondering something similar other day if we're shooting ourselves in the foot a bit by not being into the kits? We call the club for all sorts for not promoting the club, for not bringing in more revenue, yet I reckon that if Everton brought out the greatest replica top of all time that our fans still would refuse to buy them as wearing them is simply not the done thing.

Everton and Liverpool fans are a totally different type of football fan despite coming from the same city and the echo loves their way of supporting their team more than our more conservative view. For instance a nice warm day in Liverpool today and what do you see but endless replica shirted redsh***e from fat middle aged women to young men,kids(wont wear EFC tops) and even a pensioner on the bus I got today. Not seen anybody wearing our new shirt yet (is it out yet) ? This gives the impression that LFC are more passionate about their team hence the echo,s flooded coverage of them

How come you've got 158 neg reps Col? :coffee:

Reactions: emb

Hahaha what a massive bunch of pure manure that is.

You see Everton shirts everywhere in Liverpool. You see an RS shirt once for every ten EFC ones you see.

Although not football-related (he is a blue however) Billy Butler has just slated the Echo's negative sensationalist headlines.

"If I bought an Echo as I got off the train at Lime Street, I'd get back on and go home". He's right, apart from them hating Everton, the headlines are all negative in possibly the most upbeat city in the nation.
It's not called the gangsters gazette for nothing.

It's no wonder they offer the coverage of Everton that they do. The contempt they show the general readership is obviously at work amongst their staff writers who they assign to Everton. Its that bad they've had to draft in people like Kristian Walsh to muster some enthusiasm in their coverage of the club. At least when he files a piece there's going to be some attention to detail and a probing of whether the issue he's reporting on will be better or worse for the future of the club. It comes to something when you rely on a Kopite for that. The likes of Prentice cant do anything other than conjure up some nonsense over Everton's history (I'm ok with historical stuff, but his are usually something banal like the history of controversial Everton refereeing decisions, or the record number of corners we had in any one season FFS!), and seemingly O'Keeffe can just about log on and type a word, such is his apparent lethargy on all things Everton...perhaps we're not as exciting for him as his z-list celebrity focussed twitter career?

Hahaha what a massive bunch of pure manure that is.

You see Everton shirts everywhere in Liverpool. You see an RS shirt once for every ten EFC ones you see.
Where about in Liverpool is that mate? Sorry but all I see is red shirts on my travels.

I think Everton fans are just as passionate, maybe more.....you just can't measure this in terms of criminality, rioting, murder etc

That's poor editing that mate! You missed off "this gives the impression that" before it reads "LFC fans are more passionate".

If all everyone saw when they arrived in Liverpool was loads of Everton tops then I think that would give a great impression. It's a city on the up in terms of tourism and I'm sure it would have a knock on effect for more sales of our merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back