Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not. Absurd levels of optimism from some on here aside, this game is basically a free hit.

Just checked the betting and there are Liverpool players I had never heard of with shorter first scorer odds than any of ours (Ben Doak, take a bow).

Might as well go for it, say I. Tell em everyone expects them to get tonked; send them out with a point to prove. Get in their faces. Disrupt. But make some moves ourselves.
We need to start with Garner and Onana in my view but I just can’t see Dyche doing that. All the evidence from games this season is that he will shoehorn Gana in.

Think Liverpool have some injuries don’t they? But still would expect them to be too strong for us. But it is a free hit really. I doubt many genuinely expect us to get anything.

We need to start with Garner and Onana in my view but I just can’t see Dyche doing that. All the evidence from games this season is that he will shoehorn Gana in.

Think Liverpool have some injuries don’t they? But still would expect them to be too strong for us. But it is a free hit really. I doubt many genuinely expect us to get anything.
Of the reasons for optimism I can see, are the away form having been better; and also Dyche showing at Villa that he was capable of coming up with a tactical plan to outwit a specific opposition.

Here’s hoping he has more surprises up his sleeve here.

I thought Dyche was good at these kind of games but the Arsenal home performance really rubbed me the wrong way

We’re better at containing and quick counters which we showed a few times against Bournemouth but these ain’t Bournemouth

I’m almost certain we’ll lose but I felt that way against Brentford and was certain we’d beat Luton so what do I know!?

Zackly. The RS will bring this up for ever.

I'll counter and bring up Slippys stamp, and Kuyt's kung-fu kick , the Vampires kivk on Miraalas, and Ridwell, there's loads, abd they rarely get even a booking.

I hope Everton turn up and get into then and play with no fear.
UTFTs!

Carragher dragging lescott back by the neck in the area when it was 2-2

As always in this fixture its mentality, go there with a defeatist mentality by the players or manager and they will steamroller us.

Go to win, play to win, if they beat us i can take that but i cant take a negative defeatist approach.
Nearly all teams who get something there are the teams that play without fear.

For the last couple of decades we have been beat before the team bus has arrived at the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back