Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t blame Keane, the ball hit him in close proximity, he didn’t move his hand into the path of the ball. Ref totally bottled it
Ref followed the rules. Unfortunately it is what it is. The ball came at him quick, im not sure his arm was in a natural position but he could do nothing about it. Once the ref goes to the screen the decsion is made, they may aswell not bother. Just let the off field VAR ref call it.

Robbed again by supposed impartial officials. They don’t even try to hide their bias anymore. 10 v 10 and it’s a different game
Ref wasn't great, but Young didn't really give him an option on the second card. Moronic. Keane needs to have his arms tied together behind his back from now on. You could argue that he was quite close to the cross, but with his arm stretched out like that, it was only going to get given. Branthwaite looks very good to me. Also Mykolenko did well again against Salah. Their midfield is much better than ours.

I'm the last person to argue that we weren't screwed over hard by the officials. Believe me, I was yelling things in my living room that would make a sailor blush. But at the end of the day, I still find it difficult to say that the defeat was 100% Pawson's fault.

Yes, if Konate is wearing a blue shirt, he's off 1000 times out of 1000. But even at 10 v 10, the type of goal they ended up with wouldn't have been stopped by them having one fewer CB. I mean, it was a Michael Keane special. Just absolutely brain-dead defending in this day and age with the current handball rules and VAR system.

Whatever calls he didn't give against the RS, the ones he did call against us - like mentioned in the bold above - were absolutely the fault of our own players. If you have a manager that routinely insists on putting Young and Keane on the pitch after being burned by doing just that over and over and over again....well, if I gave my full thoughts on Dyche, I'd definitely be getting banned.

I mean we all knew what was going to happen when the referee assignments were made. The league had decided that prior. On the plus side, the way they played considering the circumstances in one of the toughest fixtures of the year was promising.

Theres no way you look at West Ham next week and think we dont have a good chance.

Take away the fact, this is the RS and derby. We played the side currently the form team in the premier league, away, with a ref on their side.
Sending off was questionable, handball was questionable. Both decisions were acceptable. Not returning the sending offs was criminal.

We were always second best but we performed well all things considered.

At no point was going hung go with 10 men the answer. The gulf was huge, the game plan was to stay in the game which we did until the penalty went in

I'm the last person to argue that we weren't screwed over hard by the officials. Believe me, I was yelling things in my living room that would make a sailor blush. But at the end of the day, I still find it difficult to say that the defeat was 100% Pawson's fault.

Yes, if Konate is wearing a blue shirt, he's off 1000 times out of 1000. But even at 10 v 10, the type of goal they ended up with wouldn't have been stopped by them having one fewer CB. I mean, it was a Michael Keane special. Just absolutely brain-dead defending in this day and age with the current handball rules and VAR system.

Whatever calls he didn't give against the RS, the ones he did call against us - like mentioned in the bold above - were absolutely the fault of our own players. If you have a manager that routinely insists on putting Young and Keane on the pitch after being burned by doing just that over and over and over again....well, if I gave my full thoughts on Dyche, I'd definitely be getting banned.
Yep my heart sank when Keane came on.

He'd, be better playing cricket at smo, or long leg.
Why the Klogg, didn't get Mee, at the time.

La Vie Cest La Vie.

Yea, as soon as they gave a free kick it had to be a second Yellow. Professional foul to break up play - clear. Replay at neutral ground please! 😀
As soon as we saw he wasn’t getting sent off, my dad said ‘well that’s it then, watch Dyche get booked in a minute for complaining and they’ll get a soft penalty if they don’t score in the next ten’
That’s what 60 odd years of Everton experience brings…
Don’t know why we bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back