Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Everton fan should remember every single day they wake up what a privilege it is they weren’t born a Liverpool fan. Imagine being a completely unaware narcissistic hypocritical paranoid delusional gobshight who blindly happy claps an organisation that’s endorsed murder, racism, managed decline of their local community, and tried to take furlough money despite taking in billions each year. Clap clap clap.

It's a long long list of crimes they are on the hook for.

It's emotional atm so I won't go and rant and rave over historical events and say something crass in the heat of the moment. Suffice to say we all know that the world would look a lot different for an awful lot of people if they had never been created.

Honestly, I can't believe it....I thought I was dreaming when Dyche brought Keane on. I was like what? He was playing like a headless chicken. He could have brought Ben Godfrey on. And secondly, why did he sub off Dwight and Jack. Anyways, I hope Dyche moans to death about that horrendous decision. WHY WASN'T KONATE SENT OFF. Ig, since a top 6 club was robbed, the should be helped for 5 more matchdays. Gobshite

I'm the last person to argue that we weren't screwed over hard by the officials. Believe me, I was yelling things in my living room that would make a sailor blush. But at the end of the day, I still find it difficult to say that the defeat was 100% Pawson's fault.

Yes, if Konate is wearing a blue shirt, he's off 1000 times out of 1000. But even at 10 v 10, the type of goal they ended up with wouldn't have been stopped by them having one fewer CB. I mean, it was a Michael Keane special. Just absolutely brain-dead defending in this day and age with the current handball rules and VAR system.

Whatever calls he didn't give against the RS, the ones he did call against us - like mentioned in the bold above - were absolutely the fault of our own players. If you have a manager that routinely insists on putting Young and Keane on the pitch after being burned by doing just that over and over and over again....well, if I gave my full thoughts on Dyche, I'd definitely be getting banned.
Think the issue is being level numbers changes the dynamic of the game entirely, hypothetical like, but the argument is we maybe wouldn’t be so committed / out of position and they wouldn’t have been able to overload quite so effectively.
I agree we made it easy for the ref, but you hope for equality in the officiating, as both Konate & Tsimikas also offered him easy bookings but he bottled it.
That’s where the ref has a disproportionate influence on it.

The result of this game was determined by the Spurs game shenanigans. As will every other game they play this season. Refs. will only play be one set of rules, those determined by Klopp and the LFC dominated media.

If we just roll over, yet again, then we don't deserve to stay in the premier league. Because these type of situations will cost us dearly. We need to change the agenda.

If young is give soft yellows leading to a red, so should Konate. A real example of the biased refereeing. And var needs to show things in real time. The speed diaz hit the ball at Keanes hand, there is nothing he could do. But the ref saw the slowed down version where it looked like it was left hanging out intentionally. Officiating mess. Positives is that some of our players played well. Had the officials been fair, we could have got a draw. It was always going to be an uphill battle though. Its not as embarrassing as it could have been.

I'm the last person to argue that we weren't screwed over hard by the officials. Believe me, I was yelling things in my living room that would make a sailor blush. But at the end of the day, I still find it difficult to say that the defeat was 100% Pawson's fault.

Yes, if Konate is wearing a blue shirt, he's off 1000 times out of 1000. But even at 10 v 10, the type of goal they ended up with wouldn't have been stopped by them having one fewer CB. I mean, it was a Michael Keane special. Just absolutely brain-dead defending in this day and age with the current handball rules and VAR system.

Whatever calls he didn't give against the RS, the ones he did call against us - like mentioned in the bold above - were absolutely the fault of our own players. If you have a manager that routinely insists on putting Young and Keane on the pitch after being burned by doing just that over and over and over again....well, if I gave my full thoughts on Dyche, I'd definitely be getting banned.
Spot on mate, but it isn't the first time this crap has taken place

Think the issue is being level numbers changes the dynamic of the game entirely, hypothetical like, but the argument is we maybe wouldn’t be so committed / out of position and they wouldn’t have been able to overload quite so effectively.
I agree we made it easy for the ref, but you hope for equality in the officiating, as both Konate & Tsimikas also offered him easy bookings but he bottled it.
That’s where the ref has a disproportionate influence on it.
I agree with the bold 100% completely.

But I just don't think we would have played that much differently at 10 v 10, if that lost man for them is a CB. Diaz would have still been coming down that side every time either way. And Dyche had already changed the personnel and shape before the Konate incident - I'm not sure how he would have changed it again afterwards when McNeil and Harrison had already been taken off? So there was only one way left for us to play at that point.

Thought Branthwaite was superb yet again. He's learning a lot with every game, long may it continue.
Great Lad. Great Player. Great leader. But honestly, if he leaves I understand. Tbh, today we did the most we could, [Poor language removed] ref decision, Michael Keane's show, and playing at Anfield. It wasn't that we put on a crap performance

We'll easily stay up. Performance at mordor was ok for an under-dog, and that's what we were today. Young should've been hooked after his first yellow but no manager does that, it was so early in the game. His second was one which have previously also resulted a stern last warning. Since that was given, Konate should've walked, period. It was 0-0 at that moment but we we're just a Mick Keane moment away from conceding so not suggesting we would've gotten anything 10 vs 10.

The boring sad fact is however that with that officiating we really can't tell. We we're cheated.

MoM Mykolenko. Branthwaite close second.

It's a long long list of crimes they are on the hook for.

It's emotional atm so I won't go and rant and rave over historical events and say something crass in the heat of the moment. Suffice to say we all know that the world would look a lot different for an awful lot of people if they had never been created.
I dropped my guard earlier and replied to a tweet from an RS inbred mocking us that showed a photo of that renowned portion of our trophy cabinet in Goodison that was built to house the European Cup should we win it.
I replied saying it may have been filled in 1986 but for events elsewhere. Funnily enough I'm waiting for a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back