Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it Andrei.
1000015566.webp

Thought Branthwaite was superb yet again. He's learning a lot with every game, long may it continue.
Both him and Tarkowski were magnificent. I came out of the shed and met my uncle (long-time RS ticket holder), with my first question being: Konate?

He said it's a yellow and a sending off all day. The Keane one he said you can see it both ways, which I think is a fair, objective view to be honest.

I thought overall we played really well in terms of nullifying them and defensively being strong. If it weren't for the pen, I was confident of a draw.

Thought our lads worked their backsides off , shame but this lot are gonna get every decision it's the law of the premier league..

Dyche again slow to react to Youngs early booking,should have been withdrawn then,from my vantage point,the Greek fella for them got away with a similar one to the first yellow for Young,I am sure Pawson had someone in his ear for the sending off as he definately hesitated just giving the free kick initially,how Kounate remained on the pitch is totally inexplicable other than the fact Pawson was toeing the party line after “Spursgate”,haven’t seen the pen yet on tv footage,but it was quite obvious to every Evertonian present today the cryarses would get one,however that said thought we were very poor in possession today against a very “off it”RS side,couldnt question the commitment particularly when down to ten but the lack of quality was alarming.

it was only young that his selection was wrong
Yes Matty, that's why we played over half the game with 10 menl. If I can see that Young is hopelessly out of his depth in this league at his age, why can't Dyche? He has a propensity to play favourites , Young, Keane etc. and just continues to do it until the pressure from the fans becomes so great he will drop them, but, he will always be looking for an opportunity to put them back in. It's a pity it wasn't a straight red,at least he wouldn't be able to select him for 3 games then.

Really??? Admittedly we have been 2nd best for most of the last 50 years but from 1892 to 1970 we were easily the more popular and successful club in the city.
A bit before my time, all my life all I`ve seen is them collect trophy after trophy and grow the club to this juggernaut that we can never match ever again.

Unless we get loads of Middle East money, which we aren`t... We are going to be stuck with a group that will have the club paying for them buying us like the Glazers and "living within it`s means" i.e. we aren`t putting a single penny in.

Just never going to be on top, certainly never going to match their honours. Liverpool v Everton isn`t a derby anymore, they`ve been in a different league for decades....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back