Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistency is a word that referees in this country don’t have a use for, Ashley young 1st foul given a yellow, tsimikas had committed 3 or 4 at this point no card shown, young’s 2nd yellow he’s off yet when it comes to giving konate a second the ref bottles it, any body saying that the amount of cryarsing they did over the last couple of weeks about referees and var didn’t influence the referee’s decision subconsciously or not is lying.

2ea116be-93b0-11ed-a336-0210609a3fe2.webp

Twenty-eight players have been sent off in Merseyside derby history – 9 red cards issued to Liverpool and 19 to Everton.
And how many more should they have?? I can remember another 2 in top of Konate’s today. Gerrard 2 foot lunge on Naysmith and Kuyt’s drop kick on Phil Neville.

And then a definite one that shouldn’t go against us is Rodwell on Suarez.

The think that’s still gnawing at me hours later, is when you look at something like the disallowed goal they had against Spurs, it’s a huge, massive mistake but we’ve seen the explanation and it’s an honest mistake even if it’s a bad one.

But that today, even if it’s not such a glaring moment, Pawson or any other ref is giving that second yellow without hesitation if that’s a first yellow. Straight to the pocket without a moment’s thought, booking all day. So he’s decided not to give it because it would be a second. It won’t get as much publicity but it’s a deliberate choice he’s made not an honest mistake. And that’s far worse.

Consistency is a word that referees in this country don’t have a use for, Ashley young 1st foul given a yellow, tsimikas had committed 3 or 4 at this point no card shown, young’s 2nd yellow he’s off yet when it comes to giving konate a second the ref bottles it, any body saying that the amount of cryarsing they did over the last couple of weeks about referees and var didn’t influence the referee’s decision subconsciously or not is lying.
The best thing is, after knowing he's had an absolute stinker on Konate, he knows he can make it look like he's not showing bias by initially not giving the penalty knowing full well that his VAR pals will bail him out and basically overturn his decision. The perfect plan, rolled out flawlessly.

I think, painful as today was, we need to look at the positives

You can afgue all you want about the merits of playing Young, but if we can keep putting out our best first 11 and play as we did today and in the last few games, we will be nowhere near the relegation zone

I'm prepared to be vaulted, but with a fair wind, we will be comfortably mid table at the end of the season.

And how many more should they have?? I can remember another 2 in top of Konate’s today. Gerrard 2 foot lunge on Naysmith and Kuyt’s drop kick on Phil Neville.

And then a definite one that shouldn’t go against us is Rodwell on Suarez.
And they have the audacity to complain about decisions going against them. That arrogant gurning crank saying they still would have won if it was 10 v 10 when his argument against that Tottenham goal was the exact opposite.

An absolute classless hypocrite who takes his ball home when he doesn't like what happens the day of his downfall can't come soon enough.

Onana man the match.

The referee was an embarrassment. More than one kopite has said to me today. How they finished with 11 is ridiculous.

And Keane well not even looking in his thread, just a born plonker.
As have mine: two said he ruined the game. I thought we looked solid today, and although we weren’t great up front we kept them quiet.

After the VAR fiasco at Spurs referees will be thinking twice before giving anything against Liverpool for a long time. Not sure whether I'd call it cheating, but you'll see a subconscious bias towards them over the course of the season for sure.
Don’t be shy mate!! It was absolutely cheating!! Couldn’t wait to give yellow x 2 on Young, didn’t give a yellow twice which would have got it 10v 10 still at 0-0. Young not off = no Keane on pitch
Kounaté off at 0-0, game back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back