Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked and a red card in the match is only 7-2. Lets face it thats not both teams. Even the bookies smell most things in this game will go against Everton. Result and ref/VAR will all go one way only.

Our record there is disgusting and pretty much all of them including the draws. We setup pathetically, pinned in our half hoofing the ball. Is it 22 out of 23 then since the turn of the century in the league(failed to win)? not including the cup games against their girls team which we also lost. Extrapolate that its ~ 4 wins by 2100.

It’s so badly embarrassing, it’s probably the worst one sided derby in the world. We have beat them once in 13 years with no crowd, not beat them at home since 2010.

Last time we won there with fans? 1999? It’s disgusting mate. So yeah all of them. Pathetic except the win there without a crowd, winner scored by a nonce 🤦🏻‍♂️

The only game we was really robbed in at their place was Distin derby, if you play like a league one team for set pieces then you deserve everything you get. Moyes set in a loser mentality.
Ye looking forward to it

Our defence will be our undoing.

Too much inexperience in Patterson/Branthwaite/Myko.

Sort of game where we need a Mina and/or Coleman in the team.

I just hope we set up with an aim to try and win the game, and not like we did against Arsenal which we simply didn't make any effort.
Hope Dyche has some balls because if we just play for a point we'll get slaughtered.

Pickford
NotYoung Tarks Braithwaite Myko
Onana Gana
Garner
Harrison DCL McNeil

Sh#t stir it up with snide, grit and belief, season with salt and sprinkle with some razzle.
COYB, get into em. It's only 90mins.

I think Gakpo is out, I think mcallister will be on the bench.

Nunez is a weird one, I'd actually prefer that he didn't play, I think he's a big threat

Diaz will definitely start, and they'll target Young whose a walking red/yellow card

Had a brief look at the dark side (don't worrry had a shower) and Gakpo is in the training pictures so he'll be involved.

Yeah didn't rate Nunez at all last season but he's slowly starting to come good, watched Uruguay-Brazil in the week and he had an outstanding game.

One thing at least is there's some o.k options on the bench now. I think Harrison will start but he was a sub first few games on injury return. Also got Danjuma and Beto so there are options to use, just whether Dyche will get them on quick enough in games that can be won as the season goes on.

Worse Everton teams than this have taken points off better Liverpool teams. Some of the flapping here is ridiculous. They play this match not to lose it as well quite often. Draw is always a decent bet.

The Goodison record is pretty good over last decade. No wins yes but loads of draws.

It's just going over to Mordor. Pickford not just tipping over the bar in 95th minute seems to have started all that as the next season was shipping 5 and then Silva getting sacked the morning after. Then losing to the under 12s in FA cup a month later which was the lowest moment in Ancelotti's tenure imo.

Hang on. We now have forwards and whilst everything is not perfect we have three convincing wins from the last four. LFC are not world beaters so why should we be thinking no chance? That not only applies to players. No matter the level, anyone playing with that attitude should never be in a team.
We will win. Every game my attitude has never changed.

May I ask how old you are?

I think Gakpo is out, I think mcallister will be on the bench.

Nunez is a weird one, I'd actually prefer that he didn't play, I think he's a big threat

Diaz will definitely start, and they'll target Young whose a walking red/yellow card

I know it may look like young is “walking” but he’s actually at full pace which is a major concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back