Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Young v Salad 🤦🏻‍♂️

Easy Liverfool win, you have to beat them and the referee, not a chance with our team / defence.

3-0 / 4-0 a gutless spineless pathetic Everton performance to go with the last 23 out of 24 there. Expecting anything else sadly is madness especially with this team.

I'm strangely flippant about tomorrow. Usually away there I'm up the wall for days before. Not saying I'm confident but they've got players out, apparently Nunez has come back crocked. High intensity and at them they might well crumble. Early goal and their crowd get on their backs and we could stifle them. Maybe I'm still asleep. I'm certainly not scared though. I'll report back in the morning from the bog.

Very good team for us but the RS put a lot of long balls onto their front three. Would make more sense if we had 3 at the back and 4 in front of them. Myko playing inverted wingback is a good sign particularly if he is planned as a man-marker for TAA. Their Hungarian and Argentinian double will need the midfielders, and the three at front should press to induce errors. My team would be...

----------------Pickford--------------------
Godfrey--------Tarkowski---------Branthwaite
Patterson-----Garner----Onana----Mykolenko
---------Beto-------------------Danjuma------
--------------------DCL------------------------

or

----------------Pickford--------------------
Keane--------Tarkowski---------Branthwaite
Patterson-----Garner----Onana----Mykolenko
---------Harrison-----------------McNeil------
--------------------DCL------------------------

I would go for the second formation only when your wingers are perfectly fit (which McNeil isn't and Harrison is only sharp but not yet fit).

Mykolenko against Salah no thanks. I'd rather Young there to use his experience and push him about a bit.

They'll all be on the bench imo. Not sure if Gakpo is fit again but can see him starting.
I think Gakpo is out, I think mcallister will be on the bench.

Nunez is a weird one, I'd actually prefer that he didn't play, I think he's a big threat

Diaz will definitely start, and they'll target Young whose a walking red/yellow card

Ashley Young v Salad 🤦🏻‍♂️

Easy Liverfool win, you have to beat them and the referee, not a chance with our team / defence.

3-0 / 4-0 a gutless spineless pathetic Everton performance to go with the last 23 out of 24 there. Expecting anything else sadly is madness especially with this team.
Which one of the 24 wasn't gutless and spineless? Everton won 2 and drew 9 of the last 24 prem' games there, and could've done better without some appalling refereeing.

Mykolenko against Salah no thanks. I'd rather Young there to use his experience and push him about a bit.
I'd say Myko is better against Salah, but I am suggesting that Myko marks TAA to avoid the passing as he moves into midfield. I think Braithwaite and garner will help with Salah. It is my opinion though.

Which one of the 24 wasn't gutless and spineless? Everton won 2 and drew 9 of the last 24 prem' games there, and could've done better without some appalling refereeing.

Our record there is disgusting and pretty much all of them including the draws. We setup pathetically, pinned in our half hoofing the ball. Is it 22 out of 23 then since the turn of the century in the league(failed to win)? not including the cup games against their girls team which we also lost. Extrapolate that its ~ 4 wins by 2100.

It’s so badly embarrassing, it’s probably the worst one sided derby in the world. We have beat them once in 13 years with no crowd, not beat them at home since 2010.

Last time we won there with fans? 1999? It’s disgusting mate. So yeah all of them. Pathetic except the win there without a crowd, winner scored by a nonce 🤦🏻‍♂️

The only game we was really robbed in at their place was Distin derby, if you play like a league one team for set pieces then you deserve everything you get. Moyes set in a loser mentality.

Our record there is disgusting and pretty much all of them including the draws. We setup pathetically, pinned in our half hoofing the ball. Is it 22 out of 23 then since the turn of the century in the league(failed to win)? not including the cup games against their girls team which we also lost. Extrapolate that its ~ 4 wins by 2100.

It’s so badly embarrassing, it’s probably the worst one sided derby in the world. We have beat them once in 13 years with no crowd, not beat them at home since 2010.

Last time we won there with fans? 1999? It’s disgusting mate. So yeah all of them. Pathetic except the win there without a crowd, winner scored by a nonce 🤦🏻‍♂️

The only game we was really robbed in at their place was Distin derby, if you play like a league one team for set pieces then you deserve everything you get. Moyes set in a loser mentality.
Atletico didn't beat Real from 1999-2013

I'm an Evertonian and always look on the bright side and unbeaten in 11 of those matches is the bright side.

And why doesn't the win there 20-21 count? I don't get it. Both teams had 11 players and neither had crowd support.

first post here kids!
the derby this weekend has so many possibilities here
i just think we can sniff something here
like a draw maybe - they DONT like early starts and as long as we dont concede first.....
they have robertson out with shoulder injury - big threat to us big miss for them
jota also out that guy scores goals for fun - big miss for them
maquieira also out imjured good midfielder for them
gakpo also out
normally derby away game i wdnt give us a chance but maybe just maybe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.