Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no doubt mentality plays a role but it's mostly down to the fact they have very good players and we don't.
Hang on. We now have forwards and whilst everything is not perfect we have three convincing wins from the last four. LFC are not world beaters so why should we be thinking no chance? That not only applies to players. No matter the level, anyone playing with that attitude should never be in a team.
We will win. Every game my attitude has never changed.

We'll get smashed. COYB!

09 LIVEVE_.png

McAllister, Nunez & Diaz all played 90mins in south america on wednesday morning

Read one of their forums this week and saw a few saying mcallister was poor after his last int break, so he may come out for that Endo

They'll all be on the bench imo. Not sure if Gakpo is fit again but can see him starting.

Our attacking form with a fit and firing roster is pretty good. They have not been as good defensively, they can be gone through, especially with out.

Having actual wingers playing in their natural positions is huge. Myko has shown that he can stay with Salah for 90 minutes and he can concentrate on that assignment if we've got the attacking lineup in.

I think we can outscore these if we go at them, especially if we score first. If we bunker we'll get shredded.

Can't believe I'm saying it but there it is. Hope to see the same attacking lineup.

Our attacking form with a fit and firing roster is pretty good. They have not been as good defensively, they can be gone through, especially with Robbo out.

Having actual wingers playing in their natural positions is huge. Myko has shown that he can stay with Salah for 90 minutes and he can concentrate on that assignment if we've got the attacking lineup in.

I think we can outscore these if we go at them, especially if we score first. If we bunker we'll get shredded.

Can't believe I'm saying it but there it is. Hope to see the same attacking lineup.
Robbo?? 🤢 🤮

I would go with
-------------------------------Pickford--------------------------------
Young-----Tarkowski-----Branthwaite---Mykolenko
------------------Garner-----Gana-----Onana------------------
Harrison --------------------------------------------------McNeil
------------------------------------DCL----------------------------------

I would go with
I suspect we might see something like that. Benching Duke removes a goal threat and many on here will say Young should not be starting.

I'm predicting an early Everton red card for a nothing tackle (coupled with some Oscar winning play acting). Also nailed on for a dodgy penalty to try to 'even up' for the spurs game. This game to be one of the most one sided refereeing performances of all time (only without the 2 weeks of pure fume in the media).
Get Everton down to ten men early as the lovables all had international duty flights and Klopp doesn’t like 1245 kick offs etc

I would go with
Providing there arnt any late injury's this will be the team

We've got to be confident going into this, a few times recently we've thought we've got a chance in the up coming fixture, they aren't all that, we can do good stuff on our day, but our confidence is fragile. Hopefully we are getting a few players in who aren't mentally scarred by playing these in the past, McNeil, Harrison, Garner are key to getting into them and giving a fit and playing well DCL some chances.

Our results against them have to change one day, lets make it tomorrow

I would go with
Very good team for us but the RS put a lot of long balls onto their front three. Would make more sense if we had 3 at the back and 4 in front of them. Myko playing inverted wingback is a good sign particularly if he is planned as a man-marker for TAA. Their Hungarian and Argentinian double will need the midfielders, and the three at front should press to induce errors. My team would be...

----------------Pickford--------------------
Godfrey--------Tarkowski---------Branthwaite
Patterson-----Garner----Onana----Mykolenko
---------Beto-------------------Danjuma------
--------------------DCL------------------------

or

----------------Pickford--------------------
Keane--------Tarkowski---------Branthwaite
Patterson-----Garner----Onana----Mykolenko
---------Harrison-----------------McNeil------
--------------------DCL------------------------

I would go for the second formation only when your wingers are perfectly fit (which McNeil isn't and Harrison is only sharp but not yet fit).

Status
Not open for further replies.