Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LFC's two goals came on counterattacks, and were completely unnecessary. Apart from this, LFC created next to nothing when we defended. Mostly, it was brain hemorrhage from Coady and Tarkowski that created the biggest challenges. Then LFC were extremely good in their counter pressure, which was not surprising considering the quality of passing in the team. Then we also had a header on the post before LFC scored, and Tom Davies should have scored and given us an opportunity to get something out of the game. Margins. Having said that, there is no doubt that LFC have much more quality in the team than us, and are a much better team.

It was always going to be a struggle but we were just so bad tonight. Centre backs both had a mare. Coleman looks shot. Godfrey has to come in against Leeds. Missed a trick not giving Gray more of a run against Trent. Would've taken 3 out of 6 before the Arsenal. Go again Vs Leeds. Huge game

A fit Dominic Calvert-Lewin would have made no difference imo as we were poor At passing, & so slow in the build up ...
You are too polite Joey
I'm embarrassed and fuming about that abject pathetic performance
No clue
No idea
Very poor players

That wasn't good. But I wouldn't take too many negatives from this. For 35 minutes the plan was working. If tarkowski's header went the other side of the post, we'd have had something to cling to and things could have been different.

Pickford should have stayed on his line and made a 10/10 chance into a 7/10 chance and Coady should have cleared for the 2nd. A lot of ifs and buts and an overall subpar performance once we went behind, but not enough to stress about.

terrible time for a game of footie...Monday night FFS!.

By-the-by, does anyone know the theme for this year's Blue Chrimbo panto?. I've heard whisperings toward 'Pirates of Penzance' but I would be a little surprised that another Gilbert and Sullivan was chosen after the shambles around the recent 'The Mikado' production. Personally, I'd prefer something like Peter Pan, something simple that our brave lionhearts can more easily embrace. I love Blue Chrimbo; it's when Everton is at its best and all the gaiety of our wonderful club coruscates.

The players are just not good enough. No fight not much skill either... Lets see what he does in the transfer window he inherited this team....thats if that wasn't the last derby for a while... Liverpool are still a better side no mater their last results

No idea why people were confident. This is the most embarrassing and uncompetitive derby in European football.

Constant humiliation to the point where you just get numb to it. I remember when people crucified Moyes's derby record on here but it's actually gotten worse since he left.

We were second best.

Pickford made a massive error, and in games where we typically struggle, you can’t make those.

For me, we weren’t at the races but put up a decent showing before the opener. That was a sucker punch and completely killed us.

Dyche was always about the home form, and that’s why I went in with little confidence. Next week is massive, but perspective is needed.

Had you turned round and said we’d get 3 points from Arsenal and Liverpool, you’d have taken it. So it’s progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back