Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both teams reverted to their respective default modes.
One poor team went to good and a one-off good team went, seemingly all too easily - back to crap.

Simms did the basics early on but seemed static without the ball, I would've all over that backing line not giving them a seconds peace, peeling off, feints, move between the 2 CBs so they dont know who is marking me...all that No.9 101 stuff.
If you stand still, to an extent, you're effectively marking yourself - take that all day as a defender.
Old joke alert.
Boss to CB, If Simms moves - follow him
CB; why boss?
Boss; Cos it'll be half time

Edit:
Key point; was he -
a) under orders.
b) has no idea.
c) a bit of both
d) other(s)

All true. That said, the composure and awareness displayed in the Arsenal game disappeared far too often in this match. Leaves one to wonder, even if that's insane given, you know, Everton.

All you have to do is look at Dyche stats for Burnley.

Dyche always makes a right go at home, but away is a lot more conservative.his away games are about taking the lead and sitting on it, and typically struggles when going behind.

Against the “big 6” that amplified. Today was not the big swing for me. Am I disappointed? Of course. But ultimately we have 8 home games left and if we win 4-5 of tjem
We leave ourselves in a great chance of survival.

After my initial disappointment, I think this perspective is the sensible one: it's three points from two tough, tough fixtures. We'd have taken that all day.

What's important now is Dyche reacts to tonight's dire performance and ensures we react positively against Leeds, which will be a difficult fixture.

Our home form is our most important part of our safety.

Just said there in my previous post, there’s a very big contrast between Dyche home and away performances.

Well there was for Burnley anyway. I expected it today. There will be other opportunities away. Whether that be Wolves, Leicester or Palace for example.

We will bounce back against Leeds, and ultimately for the fans, we didn’t get humiliated so the passion, heart and backing remains. That’s what matters.

We go into next week, knowing that a performance like against Arsenal gives us a great chance for back to back home wins, and crucially, gets us out the bottom 3.

Just catching up so excuse my tardiness - but what exactly did you want him to do?

I’m not saying your comment is great/good/bad - just curious in your opinion of his positioning in that instance.
Gana is over there. Why is he running out wide when there is numerous Liverpool players free in the middle of the park. It's absolutely shocking defending.

Just watching the first goal would it have made more sense for Mykolenko to go out to Nunez and gana pick up salah or cover the middle instead?

We can speculate all you want, but the reality is, Pickfors is miles away from where he should be and it came from a counter, where there were several opportunities to take someone out and take a booking, which we didn’t do.

Just catching up so excuse my tardiness - but what exactly did you want him to do?

I’m not saying your comment is great/good/bad - just curious in your opinion of his positioning in that instance.
He was pretty out numbered not sure there was anything he could have done really

We can speculate all you want, but the reality is, Pickfors is miles away from where he should be and it came from a counter, where there were several opportunities to take someone out and take a booking, which we didn’t do.

Same as 2nd goal. Coleman had a couple of chances.

We were fkin dreadful tbf and deserved nothing out of the game

0 ideas
0 desire
0 communication
0 teamwork
0 flexibility

Looked like the team that played against West Ham away, literally offering absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back