Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I've been thru' that phase after 50+ years, honestly can't remember...but what I have always done in life and expect in others, is graft, fight and pride !
Haha at least you have genuinely had ‘good times’ mate. I have an fa cup when I was 9 years old and a few relegation battles as my main Everton memories. And I’d expect the same, or used too, the modern Everton doesn’t have any of those qualities, on or off the pitch.

Same as 2nd goal. Coleman had a couple of chances.

We were fkin dreadful tbf and deserved nothing out of the game

0 ideas
0 desire
0 communication
0 teamwork
0 flexibility

Looked like the team that played against West Ham away, literally offering absolutely nothing.
Offensively I agree with this unfortunately. We let ourselves down massively there. For me iwobi, McNeil, and especially Simms, we’re nonexistent.

Simms had some great opportunities to do some good work and show he had something at this level. I think he let himself down tonight.

Watching the same crap for 37 years now mate, seen us win at anfield twice I think. Go there every year and have our belly tickled, maybe I’m just getting old, but it doesn’t hurt how it used to. Just meh, we move on and hope we can stay in the division.
That's where I am- I don't even care. Its just another game now but one where we have even less chance than against the other big teams

The game hinged on the first goal and they got lucky as they usually do if that is 1-0 to us instead of them it would have been interesting especially as the crowd would have got on their backs but it wasnt to be.

There is no way we should be conceding from a corner it shouldn't have been allowed to get that far.

One unfortunate chance which hits the post from a corner,then we commit our usual sin and like a knife through butter within seconds we are one down,even at two nil a huge opportunity spurned by Davies,a hugely dissapointing display but we had two massive opportunities to score and impact the result,whilst putting doubts in the RS's minds,two calamitous defensive errors have done for us but worryingly they looked up for it more than us.

With the benefit of allowing the dust to settle, was the lack of energy possibly down to the intense training since Dyche has come in? Certainly Coady mentioned how tough training has been in the interview beforehand. Caught between a rock and a hard place if that was the case and maybe it's short term pain for long term gain. I hope anyway ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back