Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s weird. I thought we did well. Maybe I’m deluded but anyone who thinks we can go to Liverpool and get three points just cos they are on a bad run are crazy.

I think 2-0 flattered them and it’s funny how before hand I caught sky talking about how we get caught on the break and how Gakpo hasn’t scored or assisted in any game yet…… up step Everton.

I think we did okay. Not sure what people expected but I’m happy that we took 3 points from 2 really hard games, 0 points on paper. Our season starts on Saturday!

C

Clearly you have been watching dross too long to be able to decipher what is awful and what is bang average
Ok - so we can go on at this all night, but I’m refusing to. I just don’t have the energy or I can really take on board whether your serious or not.

I’ve watched Everton win many trophies in the past, as well as watching (imo) no trophy midfield warriors in Parkinson, cahill and McCall (I really rated McCall btw)

You think Cleverly can walk into our midfield as it stand, and I don’t - that is our dispute after getting beat by Liverpool.

let’s leave it as that. I’ve no desire to argue on the internet over something irrelevant.
We both love Everton and want the best for them.

Very poor display tonight. Pickford, Coady and Tarkowski absolutely useless at the back. Midfield non-existent. McNeil should have come off earlier. Oh well, we go again Everton.

One unfortunate chance which hits the post from a corner,then we commit our usual sin and like a knife through butter within seconds we are one down,even at two nil a huge opportunity spurned by Davies,a hugely dissapointing display but we had two massive opportunities to score and impact the result,whilst putting doubts in the RS's minds,two calamitous defensive errors have done for us but worryingly they looked up for it more than us.

Unfortunately mate, for as long as I remember. They are always up for it, they treat it like their biggest game of the season. Although they like to play it down, they win their individual battles every time

Fair enough as well, it's a derby, shame Everton don't do that.

We were never getting the points today, any derby at the pit is inevitable, only positive is we are defo 3 points better off in the last 2 games than anyone thought, if we can get 3 against Leeds looking back 6 points out of nine everyone would of taken that

Just watching the first goal would it have made more sense for Mykolenko to go out to Nunez and gana pick up salah or cover the middle instead?
Well if Pickford hadn't decided to bring out one of his nicely tuned crazy moments today, he could of literally just caught the ball..

I know we lost but in general I don’t think we were as bad as the scoreline suggests. Don’t get me wrong, we weren’t very good - but that’s not exactly news at this stage. Still, 3 points from two fully expected losses is ok and I am not as despondent as I was a few weeks ago. Dyche just might turn things around yet ?? COYB

I know we lost but in general I don’t think we were as bad as the scoreline suggests. Don’t get me wrong, we weren’t very good - but that’s not exactly news at this stage. Still, 3 points from two fully expected losses is ok and I am not as despondent as I was a few weeks ago. Dyche just might turn things around yet ?? COYB
Not a chance with that bag of dung !!

The scoreline flattered us. We were truly abysmal in a way only Everton at Anfield can conjure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back