Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole team bottled it. The same team which was so good against arsenal where as bad tonight. We gave them 2 goals with 2 bizarre pieces of individual decision making but our midfield especially shouldve been right in their faces and they werent. That was the most disappointing thing for me. We shouldve been too physical for them.

Gana is over there. Why is he running out wide when there is numerous Liverpool players free in the middle of the park. It's absolutely shocking defending.
I’ve played fullback pretty much my whole life. Not the best level, but I know my position.

If you have 3 players who are running in on goal while
You’re covering the centre halves, theres honestly no ideal perfect position you can be in my experience.
You can certainly get lucky every so often and look great for a few minutes, but it’s honestly an hopeless task he had there.

Mcneils bad bad bad effort and pickfords sensible soccer act done is there imo.

And we were so close to going in front as well

Everton that!

Well that was poor. I actually don’t know the final score because I switched off when the second went in. Fully expected to get beat when DCL was unavailable, doubt it would have made any difference if he was available to be honest. Anyway, disappointing and they need to sort themselves for Leeds. Lose that and we are really in big trouble

We have a midfield that can run with the ball but can’t pass between them. Klopp sussed this watching the Arsenal game and set up accordingly. It worked, we didn’t have an answer.

I'm not sure what people expected I used to go into these games with a little bit of hope, then we lost at Wembley when Carroll scored and that was that. Merseyside derbies are the most boring derbies on planet earth, Maupay could of easily squared it to Onana for a tap in at GP against them, that's where the 2 sides are different, they show no mercy. I'm frankly sick of them, we have a poor record against Arsenal, but that's because historically they've been better than us, same with United. I don't think you can read too much into tonight's game, we always reserve our worst performance of a season for them. I was quietly confident of going to City earlier on this season we would get something. We managed to put in a great performance at Chelsea, when we had just play 120 minutes against United at Wembley. We just can't seem to beat those lot no matter what.

WRONG ! It hurts....it always hurts, especially where there is no fight...why didn't gueye take a yellow for the first ... and someone do similar for the second. Do we not like fighting, tackling and showing a bit of pride anymore ? Yeah it hurts .... A LOT !
Watching the same crap for 37 years now mate, seen us win at anfield twice I think. Go there every year and have our belly tickled, maybe I’m just getting old, but it doesn’t hurt how it used to. Just meh, we move on and hope we can stay in the division.

The BBC web site gives it's highest mark of 3.75 to Davies after that. I wouldn't even go that far. OK, we know the game plan was to frustrate them and hopefully grab something from a set piece a la Burnley and yes, it was close, but after they scored we didn't have a clue. We were spineless, gutless and utterly feeble as we stood off them and allowed them to dictate in every way. Dyche will now know he has a real uphil battle on his hands as some of our players simply gave up after the second goal.

Pickford - off for a Tandori for their first...
Coleman - one player who will give his all...sadly way past his best
Mykolenko - just not a player at this level.
Coady - Shouts a lot, looks bothered but what do you do when the ball comes near you for the second goal... hoof it. He stepped over it.
Tarkowski - Absolute utter donkey. How many times did he pass it to them and get them away on a break? Worst display in years from any Everton player in a Derby IMO.
Iwobi - Usual dirge from him... and simply can't be bothered about getting back to defend.
McNeil - A real carthorse....
Onana- Must be wondering what he's done joining this crap.
Doucoure - see Iwobi
Gueye - Awful
Simms - Did his best with no support. Didn't stand a chance.

Gray - little to no impact and didn't understand taking Simms off for him. Made no sense. OK with putting him on but take Doucourse or Gueye off.
Davies - What the hell was that with the header? I'd expect a schoolboy to get it on target. Complete [Poor language removed].
Maupay - Ran a bit, showed some willing.... by then the rest had given up and were going for damage limitation.

Overall, shocking display second half.

Watching the same crap for 37 years now mate, seen us win at anfield twice I think. Go there every year and have our belly tickled, maybe I’m just getting old, but it doesn’t hurt how it used to. Just meh, we move on and hope we can stay in the division.
Maybe I've been thru' that phase after 50+ years, honestly can't remember...but what I have always done in life and expect in others, is graft, fight and pride !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back