• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, Leeds (h).
Feb 25, Villa (h).
Mar 2, Arsenal (a).
Mar 5, Forest (a).
Mar 11, Brentford (h).

What with Dominic Calvert-Lewin needing to be managed, I really hope he can play against Leeds and that Dyche knew last night was a write off no matter who played. Like you said, forget the Arsenal game - we have Forest three days later and we need the players as fresh as possible there. Apart from that we have a week between each fixture. 3 home games from the next 5.

Even a modest return of 8-9 points will virtually guarantee our fight will go right down to the wire. We play consecutive games against Chelsea, Spurs and United end of March and into April as well, so we can write those games off, perhaps a point against Spurs.

I do think we haven't got enough in us though this time around. The failure to replace Richarlison will have cost us our place in the Premier League.

I agree with most of that, bit honestly if you offered me 9 points I'm snatching your hand off. 9 points would move us a long way to safety. Above Leeds, above West ham, possibly above Palace and Wolves.

As for having enough, I'm not as certain as you. We may do. We have lost goals, but Gana, Onana and Tarkowski improve us. It's a tough one. Goodison will be key. I honestly think the game against Leeds is massive.

If we win, they are 2 wins in 20. I'm not sure many teams come back from that to win 4 or 5 from 15.

Even though I think we were pretty poor last night we could've got something from that. They were bricking themselves going into that. Had that Tarkowski header gone in they wouldn't have come back, I'm convinced of that.

We'd have seen the game out. We were fairly comfortable in the 1st half without really having much attack - none really at all.

But heads seemed to drop quickky and the same players went hiding. Dyche can do as many bleep tests as he wants but if he cant address the mental frailty of some players then we're done.

Too gutted to post anything about last night. However I cast my mind back a fortnight and to the prospect of Dyche's first 2 games and 3 points from them would have been a fairy tale for me.

Disappointed yes, but it could have been far worse.......most agreed the first 2 games were free hits.
Worried how these blokes only bare their teeth at a packed Goodison though, looked like startled little bummy rabbits last night.

Last edited:
Too gutted to post anything about last night. However I cast my mind back a fortnight and to the prospect of Dyche's first 2 games and 3 points from them would have been a fairy tale for me.

Disappointed yes, but it could have been far worse.......most agreed the first 2 games were free hits.
Worried though how these blokes only bare their teeth at a packed Goodison though, looked like startled little bummy rabbits last night.
Last away performance where a lot was riding on it....Leicester away and it took 2 worldy saves from Pickford to get it.

They're a bunch of cowards away from Goodison and not much better at home tbf

I agree with most of that, bit honestly if you offered me 9 points I'm snatching your hand off. 9 points would move us a long way to safety. Above Leeds, above West ham, possibly above Palace and Wolves.

As for having enough, I'm not as certain as you. We may do. We have lost goals, but Gana, Onana and Tarkowski improve us. It's a tough one. Goodison will be key. I honestly think the game against Leeds is massive.

If we win, they are 2 wins in 20. I'm not sure many teams come back from that to win 4 or 5 from 15.
Trouble is, if we lose to a Leeds and Villa… we are in extraordinary amounts of trouble

We just need to turn GP into a fortress for the remainder of the campaign. Would hate to go into the final game against Bournemouth needing a win with just a chance of staying up dependant on other results going our way. It just wouldn't happen and then to face the ignominy of having our blessed and traditional home having to host second tier football in its final season is the thing of nightmares.

Its like summat from a Stephen King novel.

Trouble is, if we lose to a Leeds and Villa… we are in extraordinary amounts of trouble
I sincerely think we already are.

Can't be arsed working the figures but 3 points out of 6 for the remainder of the season may just be enough as long as those 3 points come from games against those in and around us. Every team has tough games both home and away but the focus needs to be on taking points from those teams in 10th place down.

The way i see it if you told me in advance, that we'd take three points from both the Arsenal and rs games i'd gladly have taken that.

Another dismal game against the rs, and another dismal outing at anfield. Truth be told this has happened so often we're kind of gone numb from it at this stage.

We have two massive home games against Leeds and Villa next, lose both of them and things will be looking very grim indeed.

I still can't believe how poor we were last night. It was exactly the same kind of performance we saw under lampard. Dyche has his own way of doing things but in that game it made no difference at all. Makes you wonder what they were working on all week. There was no plan unless if it was to just steal a goal from a set piece but you won't get away with that all season and that's a relegation tactic.

Makes you wonder how many we would of lost by if Liverpool had their best team on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back