2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wasn’t himself today, hasn’t been bad the other games.

Think it’s a testament to how good Digne has been, because when he doesn’t play good in games people notice.

He’ll come good, I’m sure.

A bit disappointing this season. Not sure his strengths suit the set up though. Gray doesn't use him on the overlap coz he cuts in himself a lot and Digne appears to be hanging back more than usual

He is not a LWB, I don't he has the pace to play that role.

Been disappointed with the start to his season, off the back of a slow end to last season.

That is disappointed off his normal consistent high-standards.

Didn't like that we were playing short corners when we had a 3 CB's in the box - that certainly doesn't play to his strengths...

Really needs to up his game, he's fallen far below the standards he set for himself earlier in his time here. That's not to say he's been dreadful; he's still solid and puts a shift in. But his key attribute, his delivery, has gone way off the boil. Wondering if the number of short corners last night was down to him losing his confidence a bit.

Just wasn’t himself today, hasn’t been bad the other games.

Think it’s a testament to how good Digne has been, because when he doesn’t play good in games people notice.

He’ll come good, I’m sure.
Had a poor game tonight but with no other LB in the squad.......?

Not standing out as much this season

But he isn't being relies on to be our only creative presence like he was last year

He is not a LWB, I don't he has the pace to play that role.

Been disappointed with the start to his season, off the back of a slow end to last season.

That is disappointed off his normal consistent high-standards.

Didn't like that we were playing short corners when we had a 3 CB's in the box - that certainly doesn't play to his strengths...
Tend to agree, not a left wing back, shouldn’t rely on him to beat people and take the ball up the pitch. Far better running onto the ball from deep once the teams up the pitch and he can utilise his crossing ability. He is a left back and not a winger for a reason.

Stick to playing him left of a back four and he’ll come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.