2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a team with relegation form, selling all the best players is not a good move. We will lose more money selling them now than we get for staying in the PL.
we can probably get away with it with Digne because Benitez wants his full-backs to stay back unless there's a definite opportunity to get forward.

That being said, even with that factor and only having played 13 league games, Digne is still more creative than any of our squad bar Gray or Townsend (and per 90 mins played he's the most creative in the squad) and, this is the best part, even though he was taken off set-pieces after the Burnley game, he's still created the most chances from set-pieces!!!

In a team with relegation form, selling all the best players is not a good move. We will lose more money selling them now than we get for staying in the PL.
I don't mean sell them today. But this summer everyone should be for sale at the right prices. We need to sign a whole shed load of players and frankly unlike in the past with Rom or Gana we don't have talent at a level to worry about losing.

we can probably get away with it with Digne because Benitez wants his full-backs to stay back unless there's a definite opportunity to get forward.

That being said, even with that factor and only having played 13 league games, Digne is still more creative than any of our squad bar Gray or Townsend (and per 90 mins played he's the most creative in the squad) and, this is the best part, even though he was taken off set-pieces after the Burnley game, he's still created the most chances from set-pieces!!!
It is weird that a manager would look at the possibility of Gray cutting in with Digne overlapping and decide nah, not for me.

I don't mean sell them today. But this summer everyone should be for sale at the right prices. We need to sign a whole shed load of players and frankly unlike in the past with Rom or Gana we don't have talent at a level to worry about losing.
I think losing players like Richarlison, DCL, Gray and Digne and replacing them with unproven players who might never hit the level we need them to be or the Longstaff/Rondon-types is something we need to worry about If we want to get out of this rotten form and stay in the PL in the long run.

I think losing players like Richarlison, DCL, Gray and Digne and replacing them with unproven players who might never hit the level we need them to be or the Longstaff/Rondon-types is something we need to worry about If we want to get out of this rotten form and stay in the PL in the long run.
It is possible to both sign younger developmental players and keep the team at a reasonable PL level. A good place to look at that is Palace. Olise, Guehi, Edouard, Gallagher, Eze, Mitchell are all in that category but they're not going down because they're relying on them.

That post from him is a disgrace. Not on his part obviously. The fact that a player has been forced to leave who by all accounts loved playing for the club and was well liked by everyone in and out of the club except for one fat joke of a man. You can certainly say that his performances haven't been up to the standard but if that was reason enough to want him out then you'd literally have to get rid of the entire squad. Over the years it has been incredibly hard to like this Everton team and Benitez only makes that worse by the day.

Digne was one of less than a handful of players that was actually likeable and seemed like he did actually care. Joke that the club has decided to side with that horrible man over a player like him. I'll always be a fan of Coleman no matter his performances because at his core you can tell he's a very decent man and he cares, Digne shared those qualities.

Just another day where Everton gets less and less emotionally relatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.