2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
All opinions of course. It's just getting a bit close to "Where were you when Digne left?" for me.

A manager didn't fancy a player and we got the fee we wanted. Just feels like everything has been ramped up because of the general disdain for the manager.

He had played every game up to the evening he was dropped.
Captains the club. Come on mate.

Very sad to see him leave. Signed a new contract last year when we were still pretty crap and could have held off to try and get a move. One thing has changed in this situation and it's pretty clear what that change has been.

I'd also encourage people on this thread and others to stop feeding the troll. He's just winding you up. It's not worth the time or energy

You’re siding with a Kopite who is universally unpopular with the fanbase over a player who’s done relatively well for us over the years. I’d be ashamed of myself to be an Evertonian and be siding with that rat.
Mate

He’s the only “Evertonian” (cough kopite) on the planet who had a problem with Leighton Baines.
He’s a desperate, cryarse, unhinged, attention seeking chap is Dave.

It’s not even funny any more.

The players won’t stop playing, of course. Life goes on. You’d be a fool not to think the players don’t talk about the manager between themselves though.

The other thing is Digne was very popular with the squad, well liked and respected. Again, the players will be speaking to him and getting his point of view.

Carragher said Liverpool players couldn’t believe he sold Alonso and Torres - they didn’t agree with it and lost some respect for him.

Same will happen here, the squad have seen Benitez for the petty, egotist that he is and will have diminished respect for him. They won’t stop playing for him but they won’t agree with the way he’s handled Digne, they’ll be gutted a good player and teammate is leaving and it will give them questions about the manager…..quite rightly to be fair.

Torres was sold after Rafael left Liverpool.

Tbh it's amazing how players suddenly get fit when a manager they respect is in the dug out.
Tell me why would any of them run through a brick wall for Benitez now.
Possibly some of the players Benitez has signed for the club and are surprised at the easy life at Finch Farm which the manager is trying to change.

You just know the fat kopite dinosaur will be sacked after losing to Norwich at the weekend and we will have let go of one of our best players for absolutely no reason at all. Makes me feel sick to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.