2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
He took that penalty away from Baines while Jags was tying his laces.
I know it was awful optics at the time but I get why he was trying to take the penalty. A lad from the Belgian National Team had just passed away from a car crash a day or two earlier, he had a message on his shirt in remembrance to the lad. But taking a penalty away from Leighton fn Baines is just insane. He should have talked about it with him earlier if that was the case.

The message is:

Don’t disagree with Supreme Leader Benitez otherwise you’ll be out.

Because I guarante Holgate, Keane, Iwobi, Delph, Tosun, Tosun, Siggurdson, Gomes have not been 100% committed.

So is statement is a blatant lie

Most successful football clubs operate with a model where the players do what the manager says.

You want one where the players openly disagree and suggest tactics that boost their own stats, and the manager should just turn a blind eye to this and accommodate them. Ok.

The World Football forum - where Everton players go to die.

Farewell to the Gallic Tattoo, a player who benefited hugely from Mo Besic Syndrome: when performances suffered, admirers could point to the streetwise hairdo and vaguely homoerotic machismo if not the tackles, blocks, assists, and goals.
A streetwise hairdo? Maybe in 1930's Brussels.

Most successful football clubs operate with a model where the players do what the manager says.

You want one where the players openly disagree and suggest tactics that boost their own stats, and the manager should just turn a blind eye to this and accommodate them. Ok.
No they don’t, most successful managers take note of suggestions and accept when things aren’t working.

Either way his statement is still a clear lie considering the players I’ve just rattled off yet the only one who got culled is the only one who questioned him

The man’s an utter liar

You would normally have a discussion about such things these days, you don't just shut a player out for daring to have an opinion.

The stuff you are on about rightly belongs in the past.

No they don’t, most successful managers take note of suggestions and accept when things aren’t working.

Either way his statement is still a clear lie considering the players I’ve just rattled off yet the only one who got culled is the only one who questioned him

The man’s an utter liar

I’m sure the majority of those players you mentioned will be exiting in the near future. They’ve at least had the good sense to do what the manager tells them.

Do you really think if Klopp or Pep told their full backs they wanted them to play in a specific way in a certain game, and the full back turned around and said he’d rather play a different way and the manager was wrong that these managers would go ‘I’ve had a period of reflection and you were right, I’m now changing my coaching philosophy’

You know you’re clutching at straws, no manager would accept this, absolutely none. He refused to play for the club ffs.

You would normally have a discussion about such things these days, you don't just shut a player out for daring to have an opinion.

The stuff you are on about rightly belongs in the past.

Sounds like there was a discussion, and he was going to be in the starting 11 for the Chelsea game. Then he refused to play for the club. What more can the manager do?

There's about 10 or 15 others who should be out then in that case

Over time they probably will be, however, we don't know what any conversations went like.

I will also add, not being good enough and commitment are 2 separate things. We also have to take into account the fact that bodies on the bench are still needed. You can't just get rid of 15 players in one go. There is a possibility Digne would not have gone if Mykolenko wasn't being lined up, 'causing trouble, OK, we have just got (getting) a young replacement for you, see you later'.

Digne was not Everton, players come and go for a multitude of reasons, hopefully we have a passionate, young, ambitious and talented replacement and in 6 months it might be a case of 'Yeah, that was not a bad switch'.

I’m sure the majority of those players you mentioned will be exiting in the near future. They’ve at least had the good sense to do what the manager tells them.

Do you really think if Klopp or Pep told their full backs they wanted them to play in a specific way in a certain game, and the full back turned around and said he’d rather play a different way and the manager was wrong that these managers would go ‘I’ve had a period of reflection and you were right, I’m now changing my coaching philosophy’

You know you’re clutching at straws, no manager would accept this, absolutely none. He refused to play for the club ffs.
You mean 2 coaches who have been constantly successful and who are renowned for building unity in a team rather than being a Trump like figure

Point missed, MASSIVELY

I know it was awful optics at the time but I get why he was trying to take the penalty. A lad from the Belgian National Team had just passed away from a car crash a day or two earlier, he had a message on his shirt in remembrance to the lad. But taking a penalty away from Leighton fn Baines is just insane. He should have talked about it with him earlier if that was the case.
There'd have been no comedic value in that.

Sounds like there was a discussion, and he was going to be in the starting 11 for the Chelsea game. Then he refused to play for the club. What more can the manager do?
Talk to him. That's what he is supposed to do.

I am not claiming to know what happened with this situation, nobody really knows, I just think you idea that the manager should rule with an iron fist in 2021 is wrong. A good manager will convert a player to his line of thinking eventually anyway.

You mean 2 coaches who have been constantly successful and who are renowned for building unity in a team rather than being a Trump like figure

Point missed, MASSIVELY

Not really. They built unity on doing things their way. Pep even shipped Ibrahimovic out of Barca because he wouldn’t. He rowed with Henry about staying on the line. He punted the likes of Deco Ronaldinho even Etoo eventually because they wouldn’t do what he wanted.

The point you are missing is that whether they’re right or wrong, the manager has to be in charge. Then they can be judged accordingly. You cannot have players deciding tactics at any club.

Talk to him. That's what he is supposed to do.

I am not claiming to know what happened with this situation, nobody really knows, I just think you idea that the manager should rule with an iron fist in 2021 is wrong. A good manager will convert a player to his line of thinking eventually anyway.

Sounds like he did do that and there was an impasse.

Now should Benitez put aside his coaching principles for one player, or just remove a player that is refusing to play for the club?

If this was any other manager there wouldn’t even be a discussion here. It’s just pure anti Benitez argument. He asked our left back to defend, and rather than just getting on with that (whether he liked it or not) he refused to play for the club and wanted to leave, so he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.