• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Transfer Rumour Luis Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my hopes up about this earlier but now I think about it, James is defo gonna stop this from happening
Why would James stop this from happening? He is not wanted here and has already been told that. He was loved at Porto and did very well at the beginning of his career there so he is familiar with the Club and the language, because he knows how to speak Portuguese. And at Porto he can find a club that would actually play him instead of keeping him on the bench so if anything James is probably pushing Mendes to complete the deal.

Unfortunately it's still far away this potential signing...I have a feeling that porto will end up with James on loan and us paying half his wages, and no silva in return at all...nothing in the local press seems to suggest that this is maybe one for deadline day..

I know what you’re saying but at 32 years old I’m tired of Everton developing and selling Rooney, Fellaini, Lukaku etc.
I want these top players to make us great not just give us a good financial return!
That’s just the way it is mate. Unless you’re one of the very elite, any player that comes in and does an amazing job will be snapped up by one of said elite. Some clubs have made a killing from that model; we could do a great deal worse.

Can you translate the twitter post from Pipe Sierra above please. :)
"Everton wants it, at the request of Rafael Benítez

The Colombian very much likes the economic proposal of the ‘Toffees’, but has not made any decisions yet

He could stay in Porto, but another Champions League team could also offer

And Dalglish smells of urine"

Good stuff - finally a solid rumour for a player that doesn't make me wake up every morning sobbing into my coffee at the thought that we're linked with him.

Oh I know he is Sass.

I meant the links to us earlier in the window. ;) everything went quiet. Hope it's a replacement for Kean and not Richy though.

If James goes we'll also need a replacement for him, especially with Siggy not in the plans at the moment.

Can you translate the twitter post from Pipe Sierra above please. :)
I know you do Fred. I wasn't trying to be sassy :)

If James goes Diaz would be an excellent replacement and he is a fighter, no primidone attitude with him.

So the above post said: That Everton wants him and that it was a Benitez request (he actually wants a Colombian that's surprising this is me saying that not the post btw)

The tweet also says that Diaz find Everton's financial proposal appealing but he has yet to make a decision.

At last it says he could stay at Everton or he could also have an offer from a team playing champions league

That’s just the way it is mate. Unless you’re one of the very elite, any player that comes in and does an amazing job will be snapped up by one of said elite. Some clubs have made a killing from that model; we could do a great deal worse.
I get we’re not likely ever going to be Real Madrid but can we at least win a damn trophy or two with these top players whilst they’re here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back