• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Transfer Rumour Luis Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you do Fred. I wasn't trying to be sassy :)

If James goes Diaz would be an excellent replacement and he is a fighter, no primidone attitude with him.

So the above post said: That Everton wants him and that it was a Benitez request (he actually wants a Colombian that's surprising this is me saying that not the post btw)

The tweet also says that Diaz find Everton's financial proposal appealing but he has yet to make a decision.

At last it says he could stay at Everton or he could also have an offer from a team playing champions league
The last bit is worrying because all of a sudden it makes what sounded like a credible rumour at first, sound like his agent trying to drum up offers from CL clubs.

Bulbous Benny is not keeping Hammy Rodz, he has made that perfectly clear, he want him out as quickly as possible.
Somebody has to sign him though mate.

If we get quid quo pro in the fee of Diaz in return I'm fine with that. But otherwise we shouldn't be subsidising his wages. Especially such a large portion of them. Makes a mockery of our financial situation when we do.

I get we’re not likely ever going to be Real Madrid but can we at least win a damn trophy or two with these top players whilst they’re here!
I think if you can get to that stage where there’s a constant stream of good players using you as a 2-3 year stepping stone then I think, with the right coach, success in its own right should follow.

That first year under Martínez looked like a nailed on cup team but we just bottled it.

Somebody has to sign him though mate.

If we get quid quo pro in the fee of Diaz in return I'm fine with that. But otherwise we shouldn't be subsidising his wages. Especially such a large portion of them. Makes a mockery of our financial situation when we do.
I think somebody mentioned Porto will cap their offer at about £60k pw and I’ll take £140k as the James figure - That’s a cost to us of ~£4m so if we can wangle that off the Diaz fee then we’re good. In this day and age it doesn’t sound a lot, even if we haven’t even spent it cumulatively in this window yet!!

I think if you can get to that stage where there’s a constant stream of good players using you as a 2-3 year stepping stone then I think, with the right coach, success in its own right should follow.

That first year under Martínez looked like a nailed on cup team but we just bottled it.

Correct.

You get used as a “stepping stone”, until you become the team that is an end goal.

Build your team with hungry, motivated players, who will have resale and the success will flow.

Spurs, Leicester in recent years have done this, and it hasn’t worked out horrendously for them.

Would have gone for Sarr at Watford who i think is a little bit special, but don't know anything about this lid to be honest.

He must be incredible if James Rodriguez is a make weight.

Has his Ma liked us on Twitter yet.

I've read that they value him at close to 80m. Not realistic for us at all.

Ive read that is his release clause. Like i say i don't know anything about the lid.

I suppose from their point of view how much is Jamo worth in commercial revenue etc.

Remember last year when we had a global marketing campaign after we signed Jamo, back in your box Everton! lol

At times i hate watching YT of players. You see a moment of brilliance then it cuts to another piece of skill. I want to know the outcome of the original, did he score, assist someone or did he lose it or pass it straight to the opposition, that'll indicate to me if he can produce the goods. Anyway looks decent from that clip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back