• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Transfer Rumour Luis Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last bit is worrying because all of a sudden it makes what sounded like a credible rumour at first, sound like his agent trying to drum up offers from CL clubs.
No, it came from the club - almost certainly at the press conference earlier. All the journos were in the Zoom call when it broke through basically the lot of them.

(That’s not to say I don’t have the usual dread that we’ll get pipped by Inter or Spurs).

Happy to see the endorsements from our Colombian amigos and Amigas about this fella - @UptheTofees and @Sassy Colombian.

Also happy to see the Porto fans getting the hump that he's off to (hopefully) us.

What I saw of him in the Copa is exciting - I thought he would have cost much more.

Want him alongside Richy and James tho - why can't we have that? Why are we the only club who's arsed about FFP?

I've read that they value him at close to 80m. Not realistic for us at all.

Oh apologies mate - you meant Sarr, id go quiet high for him, dont mind paying for qualituy, hes a bit special in my view - the only way we're doing it is banging down a Richarilson fee, but that all a bit pie in the sky at the mo.

That's different if there's some quid quo pro.

James may not want to be here but we haven't exactly made him welcome since the new manager came in. Works both ways you know. At least he turned up for training on time and never said I've no intention of ever playing for you again, unlike some other world class players have done this summer.

vVPamcr.gif

Why would James stop this from happening? He is not wanted here and has already been told that. He was loved at Porto and did very well at the beginning of his career there so he is familiar with the Club and the language, because he knows how to speak Portuguese. And at Porto he can find a club that would actually play him instead of keeping him on the bench so if anything James is probably pushing Mendes to complete the deal.
Not James himself, the James aspect of the deal

That's different if there's some quid quo pro.

James may not want to be here but we haven't exactly made him welcome since the new manager came in. Works both ways you know. At least he turned up for training on time and never said I've no intention of ever playing for you again, unlike some other world class players have done this summer.
I stopped posting on the James thread because I got tired of all the attacking because the lad didn't know who we were playing a couple of weeks ago. It drives me crazy that James says more than he should and I wish James he was more careful with his words but what do people expect from him when he was told he wasn't wanted. Why would someone who is not desired by the manager or the Club give an arse about it?

Because of Benitez ? James stated he wanted to meet his contract obligations and Benitez dismissed him at the very moment he came here. It makes no sense but if we are to lose James then we really need to gain someone like Diaz.
I know Sass, sorry, it was a rhetorical question.

Makes me laugh that most are quick to lap up the James CBA and doesn't want to be here crap.

I think he just wants to play footy at Everton, but Benitez isn't having any of it.

I said in the James thread, our super duper, world class manager should be able to find a way of playing that can incorporate James considerable talents - not ostracize him and then pick the likes of Gomes, iwobi and bloody Delph.

Any more Tino Asprilla's out there?
He was great in his day...sure he scored a hat trick against Barcelona one day for Newcastle?

I know Sass, sorry, it was a rhetorical question.

Makes me laugh that most are quick to lap up the James CBA and doesn't want to be here crap.

I think he just wants to play footy at Everton, but Benitez isn't having any of it.

I said in the James thread, our super duper, world class manager should be able to find a way of playing that can incorporate James considerable talents - not ostracize him and then pick the likes of Gomes, iwobi and bloody Delph.
I know it was but it felt more satisfying answering the rhetorical question

I have stated before James may not be an Evertonian by heart but he wanted to play and fishing his contract and having Jonás part of our squad would benefit the team but Benitez has a grouch against James, he must be jealous of his good looks lol and he is wasting this opportunity of us keeping him for one more year. Like you have stated all James was asking for was for a spot to play footie but Benitez squashed that request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back