Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I caught the stylist in action today signing his latest yearly contract extension:

article-2677102-1F4FDAFF00000578-349_634x482.jpg
Went to the official website ready to fume....:rant:

Have you paid your water bill?

As pointed out earlier...the joke ran it's course far before you stopped posting.

We will OBLITERATE the water bill just like Mcgregor on Mendes. The joke was at the expense of the reader it only works if I do it loads of times. But it'll be just another thing you don't get, yankydoodle.

Some players need a chance though. Absolutely zero point in playing with an out of form striker up front. Rom wasn't even fit last season at times but was playing every game. You mention Kone and McAleny but they are fourth and fifth choice. Naismith and Mirallas are viable alternatives who should get opportunities upfront when Lukaku is off form.

Naismith isnt good enough to lead the line, neither is Mirallas, neither has what it takes to lead the line in the Premiership.

We need a striker, an actual striker, Lukaku cant perform every week, he needs some help and currently hes got NONE.

I would gladly take £30 or £35m for Lukaku and just move on to the likes of McAleny and other bargain signings we can find from lower leagues or abroad. Lukaku only looks confident when within 8 yards of the goal and when he's on his left-foot. I don't think he's ever scored a goal from outside the box and you cannot say that about any world-class attacker that I know of.

He cannot even pass as well as C McAleny and I'd rather he was up front with a partner than £28m of waste who can't even trap a ball and remember he came from the Belgian League, not even the championship.

Jose Mourinho did not sign him, look how scared he was of taking the penalty in the Euro Champs League final, and take it from there. He is no Zlatan and never will be, but hopefully the reputation his agent is forging for him saves THE CLUB that WE support some money.

yes. I did. I can see natural first touch, skill, dribbling, pace, and finishing ability when I see it. If Martinez was serious with his comments about everyone having to earn their place, McAleny would be in the first-team due to all those abilities instead of Lukaku. If you cannot see McAleny's skill and touch and class, then sorry mate, you either have played football but have no skill, or you just have never played football. :)

Arthur 'McMarthur' McPherson Mcanamanan Chalfont St Peter. Ask a stupid a question, you will get a silly answer. How about NOT Lukaku as a serious answer that cost us £28M? God there are so many WUM's on this site, who don't even love Everton. Who spends £28m on a striker unless you're challenging for the league? We need to sell him like we got out of the Fellaini £15m shame that Moyes blew his budget on and got us out of. Man. I give up. Please superagent sell him to an Italian team

@eternal_defiance just thought I´d bring this fantasticness in here, to stop clogging up the transfer thread.

Naismith isnt good enough to lead the line, neither is Mirallas, neither has what it takes to lead the line in the Premiership.

We need a striker, an actual striker, Lukaku cant perform every week, he needs some help and currently hes got NONE.

Based on what evidence? Naismith has got goals for us every season out of position, or off the bench, often both. Do you think he wouldn't get more than ten if he played 30 plus games upfront for us? I think he would. He's a good finisher and takes up good positions. Equally Mirallas knows how to score. Again with a run of games I think he'd get a decent haul. That's what you want from your reserve strikers. I don't understand people wanting a backup to Rom who will be just as good and happy to sit on the bench. Won't happen. We won't pay 28 mill for a start. A backup is a backup and so will be inferior by nature, why waste money when we've got players here already who can do the job?

Based on what evidence? Naismith has got goals for us every season out of position, or off the bench, often both. Do you think he wouldn't get more than ten if he played 30 plus games upfront for us? I think he would. He's a good finisher and takes up good positions. Equally Mirallas knows how to score. Again with a run of games I think he'd get a decent haul. That's what you want from your reserve strikers. I don't understand people wanting a backup to Rom who will be just as good and happy to sit on the bench. Won't happen. We won't pay 28 mill for a start. A backup is a backup and so will be inferior by nature, why waste money when we've got players here already who can do the job?

Based on him leading the line in the past.

Im not saying hes not a very decent option behind the striker, but as a number 9, hes not good enough.

We dont need to spend 28m on a back up, many strikers, decent young players can be picked up for much less than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandar_Mitrović_(footballer)
12.5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back