Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
he made up stats anyway lad lol
Lukaku has scored four in his last 5 international games and 6 in his last 12 for us.

I just don't understand the logic.

Is Neymar a better player than Lukaku? Yes.
Is Suarez? Yes.
But how anyone can even remotely justify that Welbeck and Kone are better players than Lukaku is completely beyond me.

Reactions: FTY
he made up stats anyway lad lol
Lukaku has scored four in his last 5 international games and 6 in his last 12 for us.

Is Suarez? Yes.
But how anyone can even remotely justify that Welbeck and Kone are better players than Lukaku is completely beyond me.

grasping-at-straws1.jpg

But we can excuse Kone's 1 in 40 run for Sevilla?

I think that was more comparable to Welbeck, given both players were used out wide - Kone never featured up front for Sevilla.

I think a good example here is Mr Gary Lineker, 30 goals in 41 games for Everton... then just about 1 in 2 for Barcelona as a striker, then when moved out wide right he scored 6 in 26... he was then sold to Spurs and had a 1 in 2 record for his 3 seasons there .... as a centre forward...

Is Suarez? Yes.

they are better players, no doubt. Better finishers? maybe not.

You getting what I am saying yet, or do I need to put pictures up...

I think that was more comparable to Welbeck, given both players were used out wide - Kone never featured up front for Sevilla.

I think a good example here is Mr Gary Lineker, 30 goals in 41 games for Everton... then just about 1 in 2 for Barcelona as a striker, then when moved out wide right he scored 6 in 26... he was then sold to Spurs and had a 1 in 2 record for his 3 seasons there .... as a centre forward...

6 in 26 is about 1 in 4
1 in 40 is, er, 1 in 40.

Good god man, please sort out your thinking.

Right, just to be absolute clear, you think Kone and Welbeck are better footballers than Lukaku? To be honest if you do, fair play, but there is no scope for debate because quite frankly you are a one-off man mental

I actually haven't seen Kone play enough to judge but there's no way Welbeck is a better player than Lukaku. A strikers ability to finish is a huge part of his ability to play. Hang on, is this more internet sarcasm??

6 in 26 is about 1 in 4
1 in 40 is, er, 1 in 40.

Good god man, please sort out your thinking.

ah so it doesn't highlight what being played out of position does to a goal ratio then no??? p.s Linekers goals were penno's too from my recollection. It was his way of trying to prove he should have been centre spot man in a team that wasn't that good till they got Stoichkov, etc and had that great team from 90-94

ah so it doesn't highlight what being played out of position does to a goal ratio then no??? p.s Linekers goals were penno's too from my recollection. It was his way of trying to prove he should have been centre spot man in a team that wasn't that good till they got Stoichkov, etc and had that great team from 90-94

No, it rather shows what happens when a talented player is played out position, rather than an untalented one like Kone. Martinez played Lukaku slightly out of position and he scored a monster goal against Arsenal. By your logic, not mine, this would suggest Lukaku is the better player.

Right, just to be absolute clear, you think Kone and Welbeck are better footballers than Lukaku? To be honest if you do, fair play, but there is no scope for debate because quite frankly you are a one-off man mental

I actually haven't seen Kone play enough to judge but there's no way Welbeck is a better player than Lukaku. A strikers ability to finish is a huge part of his ability to play. Hang on, is this more internet sarcasm??

A footballer is someone who can fundamentally operate on a technical level, interlink play, pass the ball, control it - a goalscorer is someone who has a knack of putting the ball in the net.

So lets say SHAUN GOATER... was he a good footballer??? or was he a good goalscorer.... I'll answer that one for you, he couldn't pass, couldn't control a ball but he scored shy of 1 in 2 goals for Man City....

No, it rather shows what happens when a talented player is played out position, rather than an untalented one like Kone. Martinez played Lukaku slightly out of position and he scored a monster goal against Arsenal. By your logic, not mine, this would suggest Lukaku is the better player.

You mean he pitched him up against Monreal (who is garbage) after having seen him be pretty ineffective at highbury in the FA Cup... allowing him to get the run on his man because with back to goal and possession play he is pretty much limited.

A footballer is someone who can fundamentally operate on a technical level, interlink play, pass the ball, control it - a goalscorer is someone who has a knack of putting the ball in the net.

So lets say SHAUN GOATER... was he a good footballer??? or was he a good goalscorer.... I'll answer that one for you, he couldn't pass, couldn't control a ball but he scored shy of 1 in 2 goals for Man City....

What level was The Goat playing at when he scored goals at this rate? Was it when City where in the 2nd division by any chance?

But Shaun Goater scored in what is now League One and The Championship - naturally he would be more likely to score more. Imagine if Lukaku played at that level - would be like Saha for fulham before they got promoted.

Your posts are starting to make even less sense.

Bizarrely, when Lukaku played wide in that game, he was 10x more effective as he didn't have to play back to goal, which he's as useful as Michael Owen at. So he was running in on goal from his starting position with a ball to feet.

And therein lies the issue - we look like we play a link up forward when pushing sides back to get the wide areas into play, and Lukaku has been at best mediocre and at worst downright terrible at it.

We need a striker to play with technical ability to hold a ball up and an ability to run the six yard box for wide deliveries. I'll get laughed at here but Lacina Traore is massively more suited to our style of play from Christmas onwards than Lukaku is - before Christmas, during our transition, Lukaku benefited from Everton being a counter attacking side adjusting to a new system, so it's skewed peoples thoughts on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back