Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone did a dam good job with Drogba because when he rocked up at the age of 25 at Chelsea his touch was one of the worst in the premiership.

what are you on about? he was 26 and his touch was sublime, did you not watch the 2004 uefa cup matches??? especially the ones against Bobby Robsons Newcastle - he absolutely ran them ragged and was holding play up, linking play, taking free kicks the lot... £27m in 2004 says you are talking rubbish.

You mean because his poor overall play meant he was better running at tired defences? He was a sub for WBA... 75% of the games he appeared in.

spoken like a true football intellect, well in mate. Scored one - incorrectly disallowed. However his overall contribution was outstanding.
oie_twinkles.gif

not bad for an 18 year old not playing full games for a team who were bottom half of the table...

Wait.... so when Lukaku did better under similar circumstances he is exploiting tired defences, but when Welbeck does it it is "not bad"??

You're having a 'mare here

What about a 19 year old playing in a similar low level club but managed to score 17 goals after only starting 25% of the games...

How's he going to end up?

As spoken in an earlier part of the thread they are different players. Lukaku as I have stated is a better goalscorer - however a one dimensional player. Not once have I questioned Roms goals, I have questioned what he does when he doesn't score - he offers absolutely nothing at all.

Forward play is about so much more than waiting for a team mate to get the ball to you. Welbeck offers more of an all round game and at half the price is what I would consider a better vlaue.

what are you on about? he was 26 and his touch was sublime, did you not watch the 2004 uefa cup matches??? especially the ones against Bobby Robsons Newcastle - he absolutely ran them ragged and was holding play up, linking play, taking free kicks the lot... £27m in 2004 says you are talking rubbish.

Drogba was awful for Chelsea in his first 12-18 months nothing more than a big lump up front. No movement or hold up play, you're making things up from post to post. He only managed a grand total of 10 league goals in a team that score 100+ league goals.

Last edited:
As spoken in an earlier part of the thread they are different players. Lukaku as I have stated is a better goalscorer - however a one dimensional player. Not once have I questioned Roms goals, I have questioned what he does when he doesn't score - he offers absolutely nothing at all.

Forward play is about so much more than waiting for a team mate to get the ball to you. Welbeck offers more of an all round game and at half the price is what I would consider a better vlaue.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer a striker who scores goals.

Lukaku last 2 seasons - 1 in 2

Welbeck last 2 seasons - 1 in 5

Lukaku's scored more league goals in little more than 12 months, than Welbeck has in his entire 5 year career

Call me old fashioned but I prefer a striker who scores goals.

Lukaku last 2 seasons - 1 in 2

Welbeck last 2 seasons - 1 in 5

Lukaku's scored more league goals in little more than 12 months, than Welbeck has in his entire 5 year career

I'd hazard a guess they must be close on assists too.

ah you boys all bonding over some Lukaku fanboyism and Welbeck the right midfielder hating...

Think you need to get "watching" football and leave the stats alone. Welbeck at £10m is better value than Rom at £20m+... thats all, lets not get into a "he said Welbeck is bettter" hissy fit. For what we need Welbeck represents better value.

A question, on your sticker swaps is lukaku worth 3 swaps or two shiny's? I remember years ago Dalglish and Sharp were worth that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back