Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
10001287_614185978649846_2129185709_n.jpg

James McCarthy was relegated with Wigan, he must be rubbish.

yep welbeck is pants... did you watch him against Bayern at their place? single handedly put their back 4 under more discomfort than I have seen Rom do to any top defence.
Its not like Suarez - defenders know he will try and meg them, but he still does it and gets away with it. Lukaku always tries to face them up, stuck tight he can't - he doesn't have the ability to do what he likes.
iPenjUJN2W2Fu.gif

*Contradicts self

Its a strange one that Everton fans are wanting him to fail somewhat in order to stand a better chance of signing him at a good price. He has scored 9 goals in 30 international appearances (i'm giving him his hattrick against Luxembourg)... its against better defenders that know how to play him that you see why he struggles. Its why I don't want him.

Its not like Suarez - defenders know he will try and meg them, but he still does it and gets away with it. Lukaku always tries to face them up, stuck tight he can't - he doesn't have the ability to do what he likes.

Which is why Martinez played him on the wing against Arsenal and moved to a counter attacking style.

When we dominated against teams that camped Lukaku often went back to being anonymous.

He's a risk at 20m because I don't know if touch can be taught. I think it's god given.

I wouldn't mind Welbeck. I would love to have Lukaku, but I just think the price is way too much for a club with flimsy resources and an imminent European season where the money could be better spent on depth. I don't think Origi is the answer either, signing off the back of a World Cup performance rarely ends well. It occurs to me that I haven't a clue who I want, I just think Lukaku is a massive risk that the club can't afford to gamble on.

Which is why Martinez played him on the wing against Arsenal and moved to a counter attacking style.

When we dominated against teams that camped Lukaku often went back to being anonymous.

He's a risk at 20m because I don't know if touch can be taught. I think it's god given.
From personal Experience you can teach yourself to have a better touch. Worked on mine for a year and I went from having a touch a goalkeeper would be ashamed of to having far and away the best touch in the amateur local club I played at like.

Its not, the £19m is appearance based - it actually turns out its a max of £17m, anderlecht will have got no where near that amount, he's only made 10 appearances for Chelsea.

Origi £3m with £6.8m in add ons??? really??? is it 1994 or something?

Your on glue lad. YOU started making up numbers.

How do you know that the £9.8 Liverpool will pay for Origi is not the same way as the Lukaku deal ??

You are using both sides to fit your argument.

Someone did a dam good job with Drogba because when he rocked up at the age of 25 at Chelsea his touch was one of the worst in the premiership.

Arsenal?

The useless lukaku has scored more in two seasons that Welbeck in his professional career.... and was used an impact sub by WBA

You mean because his poor overall play meant he was better running at tired defences? He was a sub for WBA... 75% of the games he appeared in.

How many did he score against Munich that night

spoken like a true football intellect, well in mate. Scored one - incorrectly disallowed. However his overall contribution was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back