Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way fee's are going up for some rubbish players,i see 28 million as nothing really-even more so when in a year or more,the cheap players will be something silly like 10 million for example

Everyone has mentioned potential. I think another potential goal with Rom is that if he reaches the level that he can reach as a striker, which with Barkley behind him, could be limitless. The commercial windfall for the club could be immense. Not to mention that a couple of stars can certainly get more games on TV etc. He'll he easily make up the 8 Million above the so called market price. If he scores 20 next season, Just put his Jersey next to Tim's here in the US, and there can be money there.

*edit: Trending on Sportscenter...a start?

Lets just take a second.

Everton football club have just spent £28m on one player.

Let that sink in

Bt0W1ygIgAAKiLl.jpg

And what a player, best young forward in young football!

You can vault me on that before his loan!

We've needed a strong "number 9" for way too long. Excited and relieved we have one finally. But also a young, proven one that has the potential to be 20-30 goals a season forward. This is a great deal for Everton. We know the player, he knows us. Our squad hasn't had a major overhaul so we can hit the ground running at the start. I'm ecstatic tbh

I'm please for Martinez as well. He would have been made certain assurances when he joined us a year ago.

You can't bring a manager like Martinez in and unduly clip his wings. This signing is a nod towards Martinez as much as it's a statement of intent towards the Premiership.

Well done Everton.

strikers cost money and boss strikers cost lots of money. We've been dying for a #1 striker for YEARS, now we finally have one so less whinging eh?
Us Evertonians are most surely the most moaning bunch in world football, aren't we? Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum. The club has been criticised for years for not trying to live up to that motto. This signing proves that that approach is changing, but still we prefer to moan, moan and moan some more.

Wake up lads, this is a milestone for this club in the modern era. Make no mistake about that.

Credit to the board for shelling out that much. This was an absolutely crucial signing and fair play to them, they've made it happen. Barkley and Lukaku signed and Baines is still the highest earner. Boss business.

Also credit to Roberto. What an effort to convince Rom that this is the place for him to develop as a player, signing a 5 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back