Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible performance but he will be much better when Barkley and Coleman is back, he needs better players around him, in the first half Pienaar was a waste of time, McGeady is just annoying, and Naismith had a poor first half.

He suffers by not being played as the central focus of attack. Buy a £28M player to run the channels for Naismith.

FFS., what's Martinez playing at, the dope.
Despite being amazed at how a 28million pound striker can't trap the simplest of passes I tend to agree with this. Despite nais scoring a few goals the amount of moves that break down because he takes the option of going backwards with the pass or not having near enough the class to continue the fluent passing.

Really starting to question Martinez's tactics but mainly the decision to not progress the squad from last season, too many players here that should have been moved on and not enough players to cover the extra games. If we're going to blame having a lack of funds we might as well be content with being a mid table team that punches above its weight occasionally.

Sorry for the negativity but i'm furious at the moment.

Despite being amazed at how a 28million pound striker can't trap the simplest of passes I tend to agree with this. Despite nais scoring a few goals the amount of moves that break down because he takes the option of going backwards with the pass or not having near enough the class to continue the fluent passing.

Really starting to question Martinez's tactics but mainly the decision to not progress the squad from last season, too many players here that should have been moved on and not enough players to cover the extra games. If we're going to blame having a lack of funds we might as well be content with being a mid table team that punches above its weight occasionally.

Sorry for the negativity but i'm furious at the moment.

The long hoofs from Jags also annoy me because Lukaku never wins these, he need the ball to be played in front of him, you can see him waving his arms as he looking to make a run and wants the ball played and they go sideways, annoying.

He is what he is. Someone who struggles to control the ball, lazy at times and barely looks like a footballer. Then in a month or two he'll score 6 in 7 and we'll be saying how amazing he is. I suspect he'll be this way all his career, he might be young but I dont think you iron out those flaws, you can either control a ball or you cant.

Losing patience.... a top striker should have looked at their back 4 today and been licking his lips at the prospect. As our record signing he is bound to get over analysed, but I think we are entitled to ask for a lot more than what we are getting at the moment.

I think Martinez should drop him for etoo against villa.

Say what you want about Rodgers but he wasn't afraid to drop his underperforming striker and I feel Martinez should do the same

Losing patience.... a top striker should have looked at their back 4 today and been licking his lips at the prospect. As our record signing he is bound to get over analysed, but I think we are entitled to ask for a lot more than what we are getting at the moment.
Agree but our midfield is giving him nothing to work with too

A player like remy would actually suit martinez's system better. But lukaku again had no service from the midfield he can't be blamed when you have no one trying to feed him. He was boss last year as he had barkley behind him opening up space for him

poor performance again, just wish he could have a bit of a rest over the international period, he's clearly not 100% still, i just don't think he works well with naismith in the team

i really think him and eto'o would build up a fantastic striking partnership and with mirallas now out - it should be the way we go. he gets too isolated this season. the thing is, he's not missing chances, last season every game he would have 2 or 3 chances.

poor performance again, just wish he could have a bit of a rest over the international period, he's clearly not 100% still, i just don't think he works well with naismith in the team

i really think him and eto'o would build up a fantastic striking partnership and with mirallas now out - it should be the way we go. he gets too isolated this season. the thing is, he's not missing chances, last season every game he would have 2 or 3 chances.

Yep, He need help and Eto might open space for him, he so closed in at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back