Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a world of levels between not good and...your word...calamitous. I think he has been ok.

You also spouted something about Martinez and not being able to drop him. Stated as almost a fact when of course it's just made up in your head.

I've very little time for nonsensical "support" like this.

It's just an inference from the facts, not exactly nonsensical. It depends on your assessment of Lukaku thus far, if you think it's been merely substandard as opposed to the adjective I used - calamitous - then you wouldn't so easily draw the conclusion I did. But from my view, Lukaku has been the worst performer consistently throughout the season, and with his confidence clearly shot he seems to be getting worse game-on-game. That first 45, for example, I remember one good cross, one oor shot, and 90% of his passes misplaced. Everything is breaking down when it gets to him, instead of being conducted through him. He was a marquee signing for a ridiculous fee, you can expect an unsure start, but he is supposed to be the star and he is in fact the worst player on the pitch. We don't look like scoring with him upfront. He should be hauled off now. But it would be too much of an about-face to contemplate dropping him unceremoniously now.... but it needs to be done

He's had no support at all today when played in the middle. Midfield i.e. Naismith was too deep.
Mate, what are you talking about? He's barely been able to trap the ball, what difference does it make where anybody else is? And regardless, I've not seen him fail any difficult balls. They've all been painfully simple 5/10 yard layoffs. The support couldn't get any closer.

He suffers by not being played as the central focus of attack. Buy a £28M player to run the channels for Naismith.

FFS., what's Martinez playing at, the dope.

He looks to be playing heavy to me. There is a world of difference than how he played last season. He is playing like he has sandbags around his legs at the min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back