Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish Naisy would share some of his smack with Roma; might get him moving about in the same way.

That's not Rom's game tho. The tactics are not even setup to suit rom currently, he's also being played out wide at times to do a job for the team. Some being too harsh on him IMO. His hold up play has improved this season.

Diego costa doesn't move much yet he's being hailed. Costa also would suffer playing out wide!

The supply chain to lukaku has also been pretty limited. Barkley's return will make a huge difference.

Thought first 30 minutes rom looked are most dangerous player.
Think after that the service to him was poor and with mirallas going off yo we looked less of a force going forward.
Think he has played well so far this season and showed some good hold up play, nice touches and willingness to play out of position.
Oh yeah and hes only 21! A year younger than mcaleny

Nothing against Naismith but Barkley coming back will be massive for Lukaku.

What Naismith does well is the most important thing for any attacking player to do is score goals. That is vital for us and will help us win games but really it does nothing for Lukaku. In terms of creativity Naisy doesn't offer a lot, he'll usually hold the ball up well and then have his back to the goal most times and pass it off. I'm not trying to take anything away from Naisy here I don't want it to look like that's what I'm trying to do I think he's been our best player this season and has become a really good player.

I just think Barkley will do a lot more for Lukaku's performance than Naisy. What Barkley does well is dribble with the ball, take players on and gets around them. When were attacking and Barkley is running at defenders they come out at him, as soon as he gets around one, the whole defence of the opposition is now open and out of position, this takes players away from Lukaku and gives him space to run into, once Barkley returns I really think we'll see Lukaku hit top gear and then get some real confidence up.

....looking forward to having the young lad back, but just worth noting that Barkley has 'nil' assists in an Everton shirt. We will have a different shape when he returns as he plays in different areas of the pitch. I think he's more vital to the RM team model as he's the one who can take the ball off defensive midfielders much deeper in the pitch and quickly spring an attack. I love Naismith but suspect RM really wants Barkley back because what he offers is unique.

I reckon people who are laying into Lukaku need to have a word with themselves. For one thing he´s young and form goes up and down. Besides that he´s being asked to play out wide from where he was still our most dangerous player yesterday.

I would like to see him play centrally as I think that his game.

You really think he's been good? Really?

Theres a world of levels between not good and...your word...calamitous. I think he has been ok.

You also spouted something about Martinez and not being able to drop him. Stated as almost a fact when of course it's just made up in your head.

I've very little time for nonsensical "support" like this.

Personally I think both are god given to a certain degree.

But Rom is 6:3 and about 200 pounds. He's never going to have the touch of Messi.

What he does have is a decent touch of a man his size and its improving. What I want to see him improve is using his strength to bully defenders, back into them, throw them around, win headers.
Two words for you lad. Zlatan Ibrahimović.

He's trying to improve all the aspects of his game, and we're not playing to his strengths.. This seems deliberate as he wants to be the best striker in world football. He came here because Martinez understood this. It will be off massive benefit by the time he's 25-26

The Benteke injury meant a lot more of the Belgian WC burden fell on Romelu's massive shoulders, as and when Benteke gets his move, do you think he will go for a similar fee to Lukaku's?

Benteke is 24 in December (3rd)
Lukaku was 21 in May of this year (13th)

The Benteke injury meant a lot more of the Belgian WC burden fell on Romelu's massive shoulders, as and when Benteke gets his move, do you think he will go for a similar fee to Lukaku's?

Benteke is 24 in December (3rd)
Lukaku was 21 in May of this year (13th)
Im a fan of bentekes, but hehas a long way to go after a terrible injury to get a big move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back