Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What snivelling apologist nonsense. Naismith is playing because Lukaku has been dreadful, he's not keeping an 'unfortunate' Lukaku out the team. The £28m is an albatross around the neck, Martinez is utterly desperate for him to justify a starting berth. Been frankly calamitous, but all credit Naismith for giving a sterling account of himself this season. Without him we'd have a fair fewer points than we do now.

opinions and bum entrances...

guys, guys he was aggressively marked today and considering previous games his touch was pretty sublime at times, he had two players ganged up on him at all times cos Everton were too predictable. He had pretty bad service and through balls were overestimating this guy's speed

A young player can improve his game position sense and what have you, but technique & ball control you either have it or you don't and sadly Roms touch his dreadful the lad keeps saying he studies great strikers he should forget all that and just work on his own game
Everton paid at least 15 million too much for him but that ain't his fault

Absolute nonsense.

Grab a football mate and kick it in the air, on its way down try and control it. I have NO idea what your ability is with a football but if you practice this long enough youll touch will improve.

Youve got it totally the wrong way round, some players dont grasp the game tactically (Djibril Cisse is a fine example) no matter how much work is done in training from a positional stand point.

Technique, touch etc and the like can be coached, improved and mastered.

Need an example?

Seamus Coleman.

Absolute nonsense.

Grab a football mate and kick it in the air, on its way down try and control it. I have NO idea what your ability is with a football but if you practice this long enough youll touch will improve.

Youve got it totally the wrong way round, some players dont grasp the game tactically (Djibril Cisse is a fine example) no matter how much work is done in training from a positional stand point.

Need an example?

Seamus Coleman.

TTTHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Strikers need to be played as a striker to be effective. Monreal is pure garbage, doing the job on him doesnt mean he was going to do it on Moreno. After half an hour he should have moved him inside. He did what he could today, but as i say, he slots when he gets the chance, he wont get the chance to slot if he's playing RW.

Absolute nonsense.

Need an example?

Seamus Coleman.
Personally I think both are god given to a certain degree.

But Rom is 6:3 and about 200 pounds. He's never going to have the touch of Messi.

What he does have is a decent touch of a man his size and its improving. What I want to see him improve is using his strength to bully defenders, back into them, throw them around, win headers. At the moment he plays like someone like Lineker, if he could add the strengths Drogba and he has the physical attributes he could be world class. However that ability to bully defenders does come more with age, Costa was average until recently. Drogba didn't really shine until his mid 20s too.

As for the game today. I thought he was our only attacking threat and should have had a penalty.

I thought Lukaku did ok today. He stood out because we pinned a lot of our hope on him, and his signature jink-in-from-the-left-and-smash-it-into-the-far-corner; because he was the only outlet and it didn't come off, maybe it makes his performance looked worse than it was.....
I agree his hold up play was better, and he was fed on scraps , and should have had a pen!

Nothing against Naismith but Barkley coming back will be massive for Lukaku.

What Naismith does well is the most important thing for any attacking player to do is score goals. That is vital for us and will help us win games but really it does nothing for Lukaku. In terms of creativity Naisy doesn't offer a lot, he'll usually hold the ball up well and then have his back to the goal most times and pass it off. I'm not trying to take anything away from Naisy here I don't want it to look like that's what I'm trying to do I think he's been our best player this season and has become a really good player.

I just think Barkley will do a lot more for Lukaku's performance than Naisy. What Barkley does well is dribble with the ball, take players on and gets around them. When were attacking and Barkley is running at defenders they come out at him, as soon as he gets around one, the whole defence of the opposition is now open and out of position, this takes players away from Lukaku and gives him space to run into, once Barkley returns I really think we'll see Lukaku hit top gear and then get some real confidence up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back