Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the hypothetical, when he was slotting them in first touch. He had ten goals in twelve or something . Imagine at that moment in time he was on loan to us. Would there not be a demand to buy him in the summer at all cost?

Yeah but not even in a hypothetical world would somebody pay 20m+ for Jelavic, now, if he was 20 years old and had never scored less than 15 goals a season, I would certainly have a little sniff at him, yano?

But to extend, Lukaku is in a run of quite awful form, it really must be said, lets just hope its a little world cup hangover, im sure it is, once we get Ross the Boss Barks sitting behind him doing his thing, im sure things will pick up.

Not that The Nais hasnt been putting in work, superb player The Nais.

Yeah but not even in a hypothetical world would somebody pay 20m+ for Jelavic, now, if he was 20 years old and had never scored less than 15 goals a season, I would certainly have a little sniff at him, yano?

But to extend, Lukaku is in a run of quite awful form, it really must be said, lets just hope its a little world cup hangover, im sure it is, once we get Ross the Boss Barks sitting behind him doing his thing, im sure things will pick up.

Not that The Nais hasnt been putting in work, superb player The Nais.

I agree with you, it's just when we are doing bad my brain goes to great lengths to justify my negativity just as I do with my positivity. But I do understand t deep down Lukaku is not jelly and his record at his age speaks for itself and I know this is probably as bad as it gets for us form wise this season soon as we pick it up with players returning Lukaku will follow suit.... Look what you have done, I'm Mr positive again.

In 10 days Lukaku faces Lille where Divock Origi is playing very well, he started for Belguim ahead of Rom last week.

Rom really does need to build a head of steam and get himself going. It's not about service or where he is playing. For me he needs to get authoritive and man up. He needs to get fitter as for me he is carrying excess weight that he really isn't using to any advantage. Then he needs to stop "pressing" like he's pulling a sledge behind him, he can run when it suits him. The fans see this and he is kidding no one.

Unfortunately I like the look of Origi and think he will be a top player.

His hold up play has certainly improved this season, as has his touch. I was watching the 5 minute highlights the other day and that save Osman forced from Courtois came from a good layoff with his back to goal from Lukaku to Naismith who threaded Osman through. Still needs better service and to be put in those scoring positions, something we should see when Ross and Kev come back from injury.

His hold up play has certainly improved this season, as has his touch. I was watching the 5 minute highlights the other day and that save Osman forced from Courtois came from a good layoff with his back to goal from Lukaku to Naismith who threaded Osman through. Still needs better service and to be put in those scoring positions, something we should see when Ross and Kev come back from injury.

I wouldn't say that they have in all honesty - still very much way below the required level for a top level professional footballer. I think people are that aware of the situation that even when a normal ball gets played to him and he controls it - it stands out. A bit of a sorry state of affairs really. A bit like Hibbo having a shot from 20 yards that forces a save.

I wouldn't say that they have in all honesty - still very much way below the required level for a top level professional footballer. I think people are that aware of the situation that even when a normal ball gets played to him and he controls it - it stands out. A bit of a sorry state of affairs really. A bit like Hibbo having a shot from 20 yards that forces a save.
If he's improving and working towards that level, which I believe he is, that's all we can ask of him really. He is getting better.

In 10 days Lukaku faces Lille where Divock Origi is playing very well, he started for Belguim ahead of Rom last week.

Rom really does need to build a head of steam and get himself going. It's not about service or where he is playing. For me he needs to get authoritive and man up. He needs to get fitter as for me he is carrying excess weight that he really isn't using to any advantage. Then he needs to stop "pressing" like he's pulling a sledge behind him, he can run when it suits him. The fans see this and he is kidding no one.

Unfortunately I like the look of Origi and think he will be a top player.
People said this about Lukaku last season.

People said this about Lukaku last season.

Hmm, I don't think I was one. Straight from the off I was concerned about his all round game but the initial goals he scored papered over that.

At the turn of the year I think he had more poor games than good games and teams seemed to suss him out and not allow him to face up the defender.

Origi looks a more all round player. Rom is all about goals, he needs to adapt his game to get among the chances.

Hmm, I don't think I was one. Straight from the off I was concerned about his all round game but the initial goals he scored papered over that.

At the turn of the year I think he had more poor games than good games and teams seemed to suss him out and not allow him to face up the defender.

Origi looks a more all round player. Rom is all about goals, he needs to adapt his game to get among the chances.
How many games have you seen Origi play?

I've only seen him start a couple and those were at the World Cup where the style of play/opposition can be completely different from that in the premier league. He also seemed to have the similar problems as Rom when he started the game for Belgium rather than coming on as a sub.

Origi looks a promising player whose link up with Kevin De Bruyne in particular has worked well but from what I've seen I wouldn't call him a better all round player than Rom - perhaps better outside the box but not as physically imposing or as clinical. But haven't watched enough of him to really judge.

This is becuase you have seen ever minute of Lukaku play, so can pick out his bad points.

You have not watched anywere near the game of Origi, im guessing the games at the WC, and the odd EL goal.

Origi looked good when he come on as sub for Belgium....just like Lukaku. Both looked lost when they started.

If Origi really had THAT much to his game, he would be playing for Liverpool now....or an even biggr team.

Lukaku has proved FAR more than Origi at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back