Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I would fancy myself playing against a defence where the average player had covered 11+km over the previous 94 minutes in intense heat and humidity. They had players getting treatment for cramp before Lukaku came on.

To be perfectly honest, lukakus goals for anderlecht count for very little with me. Like fishing in a barrel in that league.

I thought he was very much an impact player for WBA and effective for us until teams sussed him out.

It's interesting that the comments I made before the season started are very relevant. This was before he could be criticized for lack of goals.

My observation of origi is that because of his work rate and better technical ability that he will offer more and be a very good goal scorer.

Thats fair enough mate, i rate both. Lukaku looks to be the better goalscorer, not seen enough of Origi though. Seems very sikilar to Welbeck.

Lukaku is not playing great agreed, but i think most strikers would suffer if they had the lack of support like Rom has at present.

Thats fair enough mate, i rate both. Lukaku looks to be the better goalscorer, not seen enough of Origi though. Seems very sikilar to Welbeck.

Lukaku is not playing great agreed, but i think most strikers would suffer if they had the lack of support like Rom has at present.
Origi is pretty Sturridgey really from what I've seen.

Any striker would look bad without the service they prefer. Give the lad a through ball and he'll score you a goal, simple as that. The way we're set up is to set up the attacking mid with most of the chances. And don't underestimate the fact that teams are playing deeper against us this year to look to frustrate our passing game. I don't remember one Baines cut back to Rom this season yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back