Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadly it looks like he is playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders at present. I am seriously hoping the return of Barkley to provide service to him will enable him to rediscover his form of last season. Don't know if it is the price tag (hope not) but he looks totally devoid of confidence at the moment. Unfortunately he doesn't have the work rate on the pitch to compensate for his lack of goals.

The best way to look at this deal, is by thinking what you would be saying if a rival speant the same money on him. Some people would be singing from a different hymme sheet I feel

haha, i'm only joking of course. though to be fair, considering how poor he was, the amount of game time straq got spoke volumes about how having a good attitude can go a long way

"this lad played in 27 games ffs Rom"
I think it says more about how poor our striking options were that season tbh mate. Before Jelavic had his burst of goals we basically had Strac and a finished Saha.

The 2 of them combined are cheaper and there both better players. Go figure....
Quite like Welbeck played centrally but an on form Lukaku is a fantastic striker - powerful and clinical - so given the choice between the two I'm happy we signed Lukaku even with the price difference. I've seem Origi play less than 10 times and all those were international games, too early imo to judge how much he is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back