Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly missing my point, he's not exactly getting the top service from the likes of Osman, so as a result i do believe he's suffering, compared to the fantastic through balls by Barkley.

I don't think it's fair to judge in that way, yes he has to do better, BUT and it's a big but...the players around him have to up their game, the service is non existent at times.

Lukaku likes the ball played through, he runs onto it and buries it.

Instead we're giving him either a ball in the air or a pass with him facing away from goal, he's then got zero support so has to turn, take on 2 defenders and score.

It's maybe time to put Eto'o alongside him and let them support each other

So its Bob's fault then? He needs to change the approach of the team and work to Lukaku's strengths.

So its Bob's fault then? He needs to change the approach of the team and work to Lukaku's strengths.
Yep, i totally believe it is RM's fault. Let me say first of all, i'm a huge fan of his, love having him as manager and i'm not kneejerking.

But, his decisions this season have been incredibly poor, subs too late, the wrong subs, no support for the defence when it was needed, no support for lukaku, there's been numerous times i've sat wondering why he can't see what the rest of us were.

bunch of negative tw*ts, bet you were all the same people hoping we signed him in the summer, romelu works best with mirallas and barkley behind him and considering barkley hasn't touched a ball and the players behind him are constantly changing, his position keeps changing ( he's not winger) he'll need time to settle, chill out. he'll still score 20+ this season

bunch of negative tw*ts, bet you were all the same people hoping we signed him in the summer, romelu works best with mirallas and barkley behind him and considering barkley hasn't touched a ball and the players behind him are constantly changing, his position keeps changing ( he's not winger) he'll need time to settle, chill out. he'll still score 20+ this season

I didn't want him signed - in fact I objected to it based on the traits we are seeing right now. None the less we are stuck with him... so, what do we do? Make excuses and look at why he isn't "a beast" as so many liked to say he was? The reasons are for him alone to address.

Yeah sure if you looked at him - a 6ft 4 tank with his dreadlocks flowing as he runs through at a defender who has stood off him, he looks like something from a marvel comic book. The reality is that without an assured touch, assertive passing he is a very limited striker.

He is not a winger, and has never been played as a winger. If he was he would be providing support for coleman/Hibbert and dribbling past players and looking to cross the ball in. He is being played as a "forward", on the right hand side. The same way suarez was played when he racked up a ridiculous number of goals.

He will score 20+ this season if he gets his head up and starts being a little more humble and hardworking. He can be a good player - maybe not a £28m player - thats Martinez's fault. But if he looks closer to home to see what he can do to help the team more then I am sure he will get among the goals.

I don't want to see him holding his toe after 80 minutes of stinking the place out, or holding his boot in the air. Is he really that weak mentally?

We've seen the likes of Dave Watson play with a broken nose, Duncan play with a compressed nerve in his spine, Michael Ball push a physio off the pitch to try and get back to defend against Coventry. I don't want to see a striker getb his excuses in to the crowd.

If he can't man up then RM needs to put him on the sidelines where he can have a good think about how he is going to go about his business.

The Everton crowd will be 110% behind any player that gives 100% - he hasn't been doing that, the voice of the crowd does not lie, the fans can not be kidded, so stop trying to kid yourself - that lad needs to provide the answers himself - he is in a privledged position.

Maybe he needs to be mentored by Naismith - the lad took some stick the other night for missing a couple of chances, yet he kept at it and scored a real strikers goal last night. Took a chance and provided a great touch to give scotland a lead and ultimately a great result.

I didn't want him signed - in fact I objected to it based on the traits we are seeing right now. None the less we are stuck with him... so, what do we do? Make excuses and look at why he isn't "a beast" as so many liked to say he was? The reasons are for him alone to address.

Yeah sure if you looked at him - a 6ft 4 tank with his dreadlocks flowing as he runs through at a defender who has stood off him, he looks like something from a marvel comic book. The reality is that without an assured touch, assertive passing he is a very limited striker.

He is not a winger, and has never been played as a winger. If he was he would be providing support for coleman/Hibbert and dribbling past players and looking to cross the ball in. He is being played as a "forward", on the right hand side. The same way suarez was played when he racked up a ridiculous number of goals.

He will score 20+ this season if he gets his head up and starts being a little more humble and hardworking. He can be a good player - maybe not a £28m player - thats Martinez's fault. But if he looks closer to home to see what he can do to help the team more then I am sure he will get among the goals.

I don't want to see him holding his toe after 80 minutes of stinking the place out, or holding his boot in the air. Is he really that weak mentally?

We've seen the likes of Dave Watson play with a broken nose, Duncan play with a compressed nerve in his spine, Michael Ball push a physio off the pitch to try and get back to defend against Coventry. I don't want to see a striker getb his excuses in to the crowd.

If he can't man up then RM needs to put him on the sidelines where he can have a good think about how he is going to go about his business.

The Everton crowd will be 110% behind any player that gives 100% - he hasn't been doing that, the voice of the crowd does not lie, the fans can not be kidded, so stop trying to kid yourself - that lad needs to provide the answers himself - he is in a privledged position.

Maybe he needs to be mentored by Naismith - the lad took some stick the other night for missing a couple of chances, yet he kept at it and scored a real strikers goal last night. Took a chance and provided a great touch to give scotland a lead and ultimately a great result.

Must be good to get your daily dose of Lukaku bashing out of the way with early.

In fact it's got an awful lot in common with going to the toilet with your morning paper.

yes we are the people who wanted him to sign in the summer, but Lukaku was a different player last year to the one that has come back from the world cup after the summer. I am looking at your post and your basic thoughts are because Barkley got injured Rom has not played well. If that's the case why has naisey taken on the mantle as our main goal scorer, basically he has got his head down and grafted for his goals like all good strikers should. I personally would be terrified to see Lukaku mirallas and barkley playing together at the same time, it looks good on paper but to have 3 people standing around on the pitch we would be cut to ribbons. Mirallas must play when fit but offers nothing tracking back ,Barkley plays in the No:10 role does not chase back and rom the statue doesn't even run forwards these days let alone chase. Yes I know they are attacking players but all teams defend from the front. When Barkley and Mirallas are fit Lukaku get's sent off with a fitness coach for a couple of months to loose some bulk and get fit. Let naisey start through the middle.

yes we are the people who wanted him to sign in the summer, but Lukaku was a different player last year to the one that has come back from the world cup after the summer. I am looking at your post and your basic thoughts are because Barkley got injured Rom has not played well. If that's the case why has naisey taken on the mantle as our main goal scorer, basically he has got his head down and grafted for his goals like all good strikers should. I personally would be terrified to see Lukaku mirallas and barkley playing together at the same time, it looks good on paper but to have 3 people standing around on the pitch we would be cut to ribbons. Mirallas must play when fit but offers nothing tracking back ,Barkley plays in the No:10 role does not chase back and rom the statue doesn't even run forwards these days let alone chase. Yes I know they are attacking players but all teams defend from the front. When Barkley and Mirallas are fit Lukaku get's sent off with a fitness coach for a couple of months to loose some bulk and get fit. Let naisey start through the middle.

whid.gif

Must be good to get your daily dose of Lukaku bashing out of the way with early.

In fact it's got an awful lot in common with going to the toilet with your morning paper.
Is it player bashing to point out where a player is falling short of his potential. If so them I will continue to bash him. BLIND FAITH. Tell me one thing you have seen from him this year that promotes this BLIND FAITH you have

Maybe I should be predictable and give stick to McGeady... the £3m boo boy who is having his first season in the prem after stagnating in russia.

Listen, all I hear is poor rom this, poor rom that. He was hedging his bets in the summer, trying to get a champions league outfit that he fancied to come in for him - in the run up to the close of last season he was shouting that we needed champs league for him to consider staying. In those games he gave us nothing, palace, southampton - absolutely nothing. Lazy languid half bothered and we blew it.

If he kept his mouth shut then maybe I would have sympathy for him, all I see at the moment is a player who is not giving 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back