Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it player bashing to point out where a player is falling short of his potential. If so them I will continue to bash him. BLIND FAITH. Tell me one thing you have seen from him this year that promotes this BLIND FAITH you have

No blind faith, I see he's not on form and is far from the finished article.

But he's still scored two fantastic goals this season and provided a great assist for Naismith while carrying an injury.

yes we are the people who wanted him to sign in the summer, but Lukaku was a different player last year to the one that has come back from the world cup after the summer. I am looking at your post and your basic thoughts are because Barkley got injured Rom has not played well. If that's the case why has naisey taken on the mantle as our main goal scorer, basically he has got his head down and grafted for his goals like all good strikers should. I personally would be terrified to see Lukaku mirallas and barkley playing together at the same time, it looks good on paper but to have 3 people standing around on the pitch we would be cut to ribbons. Mirallas must play when fit but offers nothing tracking back ,Barkley plays in the No:10 role does not chase back and rom the statue doesn't even run forwards these days let alone chase. Yes I know they are attacking players but all teams defend from the front. When Barkley and Mirallas are fit Lukaku get's sent off with a fitness coach for a couple of months to loose some bulk and get fit. Let naisey start through the middle.

gonna stop you there with the start naisy in the middle bull, he is not a striker period. a out of form rom is still a better option, naisy is more a tim cahill type of player, nothing fancy or flashy but bags important goals.... he is a different player?? maybe the whole team is different, we haven't been good in general, not roms fault its the teams fault, we will improve he have to? now instead of slating the lad maybe get behind him. [Poor language removed] kopite

the ones that were passed to him in the box? yeah nice finishes but bread and butter for a £8m striker never mind a £28m one.

Do you even watch Everton?

romelu-lukaku-everton-west-brom.gif

Last edited:
Yep, i totally believe it is RM's fault. Let me say first of all, i'm a huge fan of his, love having him as manager and i'm not kneejerking.

But, his decisions this season have been incredibly poor, subs too late, the wrong subs, no support for the defence when it was needed, no support for lukaku, there's been numerous times i've sat wondering why he can't see what the rest of us were.

This is spot on.

It's not negative to point out that Lukaku is not being used properly; it's using your eyes and brain and not blindly ignoring the obvious. The lad is being used incorrectly and doesn't suit the system we currently play at all, and has struggled in it for the entirety of 2014.

gonna stop you there with the start naisy in the middle bull, he is not a striker period. a out of form rom is still a better option, naisy is more a tim cahill type of player, nothing fancy or flashy but bags important goals.... he is a different player?? maybe the whole team is different, we haven't been good in general, not roms fault its the teams fault, we will improve he have to? now instead of slating the lad maybe get behind him. [Poor language removed] kopite

Its an interesting mindset that some football fans have when players like Rom come along. They actually believe that the player you see 10% of the time can become that player 90% of the time. The players like Naismith who you will get 7/10 minimum most weeks are to be disgarded away in the hope of the tempermaqntel talent suddenly having a brain transplant that enables them to apply themselves properly.

Intersting point about being a kopite....It took Liverpool fans a couple of seasons to actually understand that Djibri Cisse was not going to be the free scoring striker that he was at Auxerre (he had a better than one in two ratio) - they kept waiting for the player they dreamed he could be to emerge. In the meantime the unfashionable Peter Crouch was offering a better level of performance and goals... Kopite behaviour indeed.

I couldn't care less if he was 6ft 10, 17st, ran the 100m in 9 seconds and had a special move of flicking the ball up and doing a scissor kick from 30 yards once in every 15 games. Thats the stuff that makes 9 year old kids get the name on the back of the shirt and how Real Madrid blew millions on so called galacticos. The game requires players to give a lot more of the unspectacular stuff alot more often.

Its not a criticise Rom thread, its more of a "why the bling faith? - the lad has got a lot of work to do". For the time being Naismith represents our best hope of scoring goals until Eto gets match fit.

When Rom gets up to speed then he can contribute a lot for us - no doubt. But he ain't nearly there yet.

This is spot on.

It's not negative to point out that Lukaku is not being used properly; it's using your eyes and brain and not blindly ignoring the obvious. The lad is being used incorrectly and doesn't suit the system we currently play at all, and has struggled in it for the entirety of 2014.

Martinez has more questions to answer than Romelu - thats for sure, and I do like the bloke.

Issue isn't where Rom is being played, its how he is being managed. The lad needs a rocket, not "poor rom this, poor rom that" - how many ways do we want it - Rom looked great playing against Arsenal in the position and role he has been doing for the majority of this season - so what is the difference? I do not for one minute think Rom has been told "stay out wide and don't you dare get in that 6 yard box"

Just like last season, the number of times Gerry Deulofeu hit the by line and fired the ball across the 6 yard box and Rom was stood on the penalty spot, it was annoying.

If he is going to get an arm round his shoulder then I suggest he works closely with Duncan Ferguson, learn some "controlled aggression" - learn how to bully defenders. Martinez needs to drop him or play him and stop talking about how he needs x amount of games to get to where he is, because ultimately RM is starting to look a bit stupid.

Big game on saturday and we need strong characters. Villa look a very solid team and we will need all 11 to put a shift in.

Some whoppers in here like.

Play our £28m young striker in the striker position and give him some service instead of pinging the ball at him and leaving him isolated, and nobody would have a bad word to say about him.

These people criticising Rom for 'not putting enough in' are just plain stupid. How could he not be putting enough in if he's playing with knocks and with a lack of match fitness and still wanting to play and help the team? Can't abide people who are too quick to hate a player, do you really think Naismith would have scored some of the goals he has without Lukaku? No of course he wouldn't. Take his goal against Chelsea as an example. Absolute jokes of Everton fans to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back