Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't seem to be a problem for any of them last season when we where beating teams with all 3 in the same team and scoring or creating goals.

Why do you think it should have an effect on any of them now?

Seeing as all 3 started the game Saturday and we won by 3 goals to nil I'd say that was a pretty successful game with the correct team chosen and tactics deployed wouldn't you.

I'm being sarcastic - point being, "Naismith doesn't rely on Ross barkley to do a better job", Lukaku should not rely on on Barkley - he should benefit as all players would do by having a direct powerful creative midfielder - but Barkley playing should not be the difference between Lukaku looking Ok versus Poor.

I am all for Lukaku benefitting from Barkleys tremendous ability to destabilise the opposition with his style of play - but he needs to be able to start to benefit the team when presented with less generous creativity.

First time i've opened this thread but did I miss all these chance we have been putting on a plate for Lukaku or something.

A 21 year old lad off the back of his first full season as a starter followed by 8 international games in the summer in looking a bit jaded shocker.
Sadly the £28m price tag means people will always be on his back when in reality the transfer will cost us less than Kone.

I'm being sarcastic - point being, "Naismith doesn't rely on Ross barkley to do a better job", Lukaku should not rely on on Barkley - he should benefit as all players would do by having a direct powerful creative midfielder - but Barkley playing should not be the difference between Lukaku looking Ok versus Poor.

I am all for Lukaku benefitting from Barkleys tremendous ability to destabilise the opposition with his style of play - but he needs to be able to start to benefit the team when presented with less generous creativity.
Personally I think that Naismith often benefits from Lukaku the same way Rom does from Ross, they draw players towards them leaving space for the other.

Baines has been very impressive this season but it is probably his first that he's looked good without needing Pienaar in the team as they link up well and drag the defenders away giving the other room for a cross/pass.

It is a team game and it is natural that some link ups bring out the best in certain players.

Personally I think that Naismith often benefits from Lukaku the same way Rom does from Ross, they draw players towards them leaving space for the other.

Baines has been very impressive this season but it is probably his first that he's looked good without needing Pienaar in the team as they link up well and drag the defenders away giving the other room for a cross/pass.

It is a team game and it is natural that some link ups bring out the best in certain players.

Baines has been awesome - I will say that.

I thought that was the most impressive thing about Ross on Saturday the way he linked the play between midfield and attack, the fact that attracts so many players to him when he gets it can only be good for our forwards. Shocked by his sharpness for his first game well done to the lad.

I thought that was the most impressive thing about Ross on Saturday the way he linked the play between midfield and attack, the fact that attracts so many players to him when he gets it can only be good for our forwards. Shocked by his sharpness for his first game well done to the lad.
When he is on form, and like you I was amazed how sharp he looked after so long out, defenders lose all shape and just rush to stop him. He then is so good in his ball control in closed spaces that he can either evade them and make a pass to a free teammate or draws the foul in a dangerous area.

He not only transitions play well, it is that he does it at pace which is particularly important for Lukaku who is at his best with the ball passsed to his feet after he has built up a head of steam and can run onto a disorganised defence.

Ross still has things to learn about how to break down a settled and packed defence and his decision making about when to pass/shoot but he has already improved those compared to how he was at the start of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back