Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is always liable to score but he's not playing well. His hold up play and touch are terrible at the moment. Can't overlook Eto'o to start.

Hope he comes good soon like.

should have happened earlier in the season, should have been rested more imo. i know martinez keeps compliemnting him for playing not at full fitness, but he should have just not been starting him, giving him 20 mins here and there. mind you, i don't think eto'o's been fully fit himself so not always as easy as that, especially with kone never being fit.

I thought he was Awfull today tbh.

His touch has been much improved this season but today was shocking right up to that ridiculous mess up which led to the goal.

Strangely enough, after that pass, his touch actually improved and got better haha....at least it perhaps shows his head doesn't go and still managed a goal. 4 goals so far, for a supposed unfit, out of form, young striker....gota be a positive in there somewhere!

He scores which is obviously what he's there for, BUT, When he loses the ball due to his poor touch or passing that effect the team and our attacking play, He hinders us going forward, He would be better staying on the shoulder of the last defender and staying away from the build up play

Eto and Rom's ball play is worlds apart

He scores which is obviously what he's there for, BUT, When he loses the ball due to his poor touch or passing that effect the team and our attacking play, He hinders us going forward, He would be better staying on the shoulder of the last defender and staying away from the build up play

Eto and Rom's ball play is worlds apart
of course it is worlds apart. But his touch and hold up has improved quite clearly this year. Had a couple of touches in the lead up to the first 2 goals which were very good.
Much more consistent at receiving and laying off with his back to goal, but the pass he made which gave them their goal let down the work he did in the final third.

of course it is worlds apart. But his touch and hold up has improved quite clearly this year. Had a couple of touches in the lead up to the first 2 goals which were very good.
Much more consistent at receiving and laying off with his back to goal, but the pass he made which gave them their goal let down the work he did in the final third.

I don't get why people think it ok for him to be so bad at simple things because of his age, We are talking about trapping the ball and passing it, Basic stuff that he is awful at

That aside he score goals which is what he's paid to do

He's getting goals but I think the only way we can composite for his poor link up play is to play eto with him . At least if we have eto'o it takes the pressure off rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back