Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was Awfull today tbh.

His touch has been much improved this season but today was shocking right up to that ridiculous mess up which led to the goal.

Strangely enough, after that pass, his touch actually improved and got better haha....at least it perhaps shows his head doesn't go and still managed a goal. 4 goals so far, for a supposed unfit, out of form, young striker....gota be a positive in there somewhere!

His hold and link play today was fine, awful pass to set them up aside the ball was sticking to him. He was far from awful.

It's fine critiquing players but judge them on a game by game performance don't use arguments that have no relevance to the game of the day.

Lukaku will always get crap because of what he cost :-( He scored 4 goals so far and at 21 and has a good record of scoring goals in league His carrying a foot injury apparently? Read somewhere he'd broke or cracked his toe!

He made error for the goal but why was no one asking with a 5 man midfield why our forward had to go back into our half of pitch to get it?
He did'nt hide and sulk after it either and carried on :-) He was bought to score goals not to have a sexy first touch and it does'nt matter if his the first touch of a rapist as long as he scores and sets up goal scoring opportunities :-)

We're lucky we've Lukaku and Eto'o :-)

Martinez has said he had a knock on his toe. Do we know exactly what this toe injury is? He appears to have had it all season.

so he's up to 4 in 9 (nearly 2 a game) despite being well off form and still not 100% in a team which has been very hit and miss - wait until it clicks lads.
Your maths is way out there mate! But you're right 4/9 in the league isn't bad all things considered. Also the 7th highest ranking striker in the fantasy league too!

Heard a stat just now, just caught it. Something like Rom is the 3rd or 4th highest PL scorer in the last 3 seasons or something. Or last 18 months. Anyone else hear it, or know what I am blabbering on about?

Heard a stat just now, just caught it. Something like Rom is the 3rd or 4th highest PL scorer in the last 3 seasons or something. Or last 18 months. Anyone else hear it, or know what I am blabbering on about?

@Squawka: Romelu Lukaku has now scored 36 goals in the Premier League since 2012/13. Only Suarez (54), Van Persie (40) and Aguero (38) have more. #EFC

@Squawka: Romelu Lukaku has now scored 36 goals in the Premier League since 2012/13. Only Suarez (54), Van Persie (40) and Aguero (38) have more. #EFC

van persie's up to 41 now, but rom will probably be ahead of him at the end of the season. aguero only edged ahead of him after spurs gifted him 4.

Last edited:
He's come back from a world cup, carrying an injury, had his two supply lines in Barkley and Mirallas taken from him and he's still managed to bag 4 in 9. This lad is a pure goal scorer. Again he's scored the crucial goal just like he did at Villa, the one that kills them off. I don't care how scruffy they are. He's a 20 goal a season striker, and if he gets fully fit and we keep playing well he'll slot multiple times guaranteed home and away. How much would Liverpool or Spurs pay to say that about one of their strikers? If you want a boss first touch, really good hold up play and loads of linking then Bent, Beattie and McFadden are all probably still available. I like strikers who put it in the net more often than not. Rather than criticising him we should be rejoicing that we have two top strikers on our books one of whom is only 20.

Cheers mate, thats the one. Thats good isnt it? Or do some stats not tell the whole story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back