Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's 4 in 9 games but it's also 4 in his last 6 PL games as he didn't get up and running until his 4th game. Not to be sniffed at that goal return and on Saturday when he bangs in another that's 5 in 10 and will be his 5th in 7 games. I thought he looked really sluggish to start with but scored to finish off a superb move. Definitely carrying an injury though.

For those of you obsessed with stats, he is also top of the league this season for mis controlling the ball and top of the league for letting it run under his feet

Lukaku lazy and technically deficient as he may be in some areas will always have his physical assets to draw on and will therefore always be in the goals one way or another.

OK forget the price tag. For a lad who can't control a ball or win a header 4 goals this season is not a bad return. When you consider his chief supply line has been out until recently (Barkley) and he has been carrying a toe injury earlier in the season then it is more then respectable. I think his lacklustre performances this season have been down to fitness levels, rather then ability or attitude. What I do realise is that Everton are more potent threat with Rom in the team then without him. I think now that with Eto up to full fitness (remember he didn't have a pre season due to not being with a club) that will ease the burden on Rom and with Barkley back in the team I will be amazed if he doesn't score between 15-20 league goals this season and 20+ goals in all competitions.

Lukaku lazy and technically deficient as he may be in some areas will always have his physical assets to draw on and will therefore always be in the goals one way or another.

Anichebe, Carlton Cole, Ricardo Fuller, Emile Heskey, Andy Carrol all have physical assets to draw on but are/were fairly poor premier league strikers. Rom is leagues above your classic physical brute premier league striker. Just look at his record. Whether its scruffy or not, he's a good finisher. Being a good striker is binary, you either know how to score regularly or you don't. Lukaku does, injuries and form will come and go like all players but fundamentally he is one one side of the divide with players like Rooney, Aguero, Van Persie, Dzeko, Costa, Sturridge. On the other side of the divide you have most other premier league first choice strikers who are just hoping they score rather than expecting it and will be considering it a good season if they get into double figures.

Hahaha you're desperate now, making out his goals are purely a result of his physical presence is beyond ridiculous.

For those of you obsessed with stats, he is also top of the league this season for mis controlling the ball and top of the league for letting it run under his feet

not to mention top of the stats for not winning a header

LOL. Okay mate.

Still, at least you should be happy that he's scoring a few now eh ?

Listen Gents, there is nothing tat would give me more pleasure than Lukaku banging in the goals and you guys taking the total pi55 out of me, because Everton would be the benefactor.
I hope soon we will be there, and I will be here to take the flak

Anichebe, Carlton Cole, Ricardo Fuller, Emile Heskey, Andy Carrol all have physical assets to draw on but are/were fairly poor premier league strikers. Rom is leagues above your classic physical brute premier league striker. Just look at his record. Whether its scruffy or not, he's a good finisher. Being a good striker is binary, you either know how to score regularly or you don't. Lukaku does, injuries and form will come and go like all players but fundamentally he is one one side of the divide with players like Rooney, Aguero, Van Persie, Dzeko, Costa, Sturridge. On the other side of the divide you have most other premier league first choice strikers who are just hoping they score rather than expecting it and will be considering it a good season if they get into double figures.
Great point. He doesn't miss many chances. That's why we paid top dollar for him. When he is generally offered a chance he takes it. His touch and all round play can be improved, but first and foremost the most important attribute for any striker is that he can convert chances. Working on his touch and movement will give more opportunities and thus goals. Yes it was a shocking ball to give Burnley his equaliser, but look at his involvement for eto's first. Class. Yes it is a work in progress but Rom has the potential to be that 20+ goal a season striker we crave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back