Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid to ruffle a few feathers on here but I have to say Lukaku is just not good enough, he certainly wasn't worth 28 million. Mourinho knows a player when he sees one and he didn't see one in Lukaku, he must have been laughing all the way to the bank. I lose count every game when the move breaks down when the ball goes to him, his touch and control is awful. He rarely wins a header in front of the defender, in fact the ball just drifts over his head more often than not it's as if he's making a token jump for it. There was an incident yesterday when his pace got him in front of Can and instead of keeping his body between Can and the ball he just allowed the defender to get in front of him, that's just basic centre forward play you're taught as a kid. I don't know what dunc is doing with him on the training ground, either he's being coached wrong or he's not listening, every week I hope he's gonna prove me wrong but it doesn't happen. His performance in the World Cup was nothing short of woeful. Yes he's reasonably good when the ball is in front of him and he's running on goal but there's more to a strikers role in the modern game than that. The size of him he should be bullying defenders all game. I really hope he proves me wrong but I'm running out of patience with him and as for Mirallas he's a big time Charlie whose only interested in himself.

I'm afraid to ruffle a few feathers on here but I have to say Lukaku is just not good enough, he certainly wasn't worth 28 million. Mourinho knows a player when he sees one and he didn't see one in Lukaku, he must have been laughing all the way to the bank. I lose count every game when the move breaks down when the ball goes to him, his touch and control is awful. He rarely wins a header in front of the defender, in fact the ball just drifts over his head more often than not it's as if he's making a token jump for it. There was an incident yesterday when his pace got him in front of Can and instead of keeping his body between Can and the ball he just allowed the defender to get in front of him, that's just basic centre forward play you're taught as a kid. I don't know what dunc is doing with him on the training ground, either he's being coached wrong or he's not listening, every week I hope he's gonna prove me wrong but it doesn't happen. His performance in the World Cup was nothing short of woeful. Yes he's reasonably good when the ball is in front of him and he's running on goal but there's more to a strikers role in the modern game than that. The size of him he should be bullying defenders all game. I really hope he proves me wrong but I'm running out of patience with him and as for Mirallas he's a big time Charlie whose only interested in himself.

Like DeBruyne, Mata, Schurle? Dead crap all them mate. You could put Aguero up front for us and as long as we play without a creative midfielder he would do no better than Rom

And as for Mirallas that is just the biggest load of crap that gets posted on here. He isn't an Evertonian, he didn't grow up loving the club, he has every right to want to move if we are not going to take him to the level he can clearly play it. A player in confidence took a penalty of someone who let him, at least someone in the team has the balls to want to take responsibility, he is the only player over the course of the season who has given it all for us and deserves a lot more respect from people like you who have soured on him just because he wont lower his ambition to our level.

Like DeBruyne, Mata, Schurle? Dead crap all them mate. You could put Aguero up front for us and as long as we play without a creative midfielder he would do no better than Rom

And as for Mirallas that is just the biggest load of crap that gets posted on here. He isn't an Evertonian, he didn't grow up loving the club, he has every right to want to move if we are not going to take him to the level he can clearly play it. A player in confidence took a penalty of someone who let him, at least someone in the team has the balls to want to take responsibility, he is the only player over the course of the season who has given it all for us and deserves a lot more respect from people like you who have soured on him just because he wont lower his ambition to our level.
Stop chattin cr@p mate.Gets paid a ridiculous amount playing for this club ...1st rule is Keep ya gob shut. 2nd is While your at this club
you show respect to your Team mates Manager & Most of all The supporters....didnt look arsed again yesterday.

Mirallas is decent but he isn't consistent enough to be playing at many teams that are richer than us. I'm sure he could play in the champions league if he moved abroad, but not for a team with any realistic chance of winning it.

You mean at scoring or walking back on side? Scoring might be hard with the tactics Roberto has them playing at times, but that dosent stop him walkin 10 paces in a straight line.

As mentioned before. He makes endless good runs and gets no service. Is it that shocking that he's offside a lot trying to guess what, if any, pass he's about to try and deal with?

Totally agree. Amount of runs he made yest n nobody got their head up to see this earlier. If we start using him properly wel win games.

It's every game mate. Coleman was unlucky with his shot but if he had just looked up he would see Lukaku in front of his man 3 yards out with a tap in chance. Oh well, sure he's looking forward to trying to get one up on Jose on Wednesday

Stop chattin cr@p mate.Gets paid a ridiculous amount playing for this club ...1st rule is Keep ya gob shut. 2nd is While your at this club
you show respect to your Team mates Manager & Most of all The supporters....didnt look arsed again yesterday.

You're seeing what you want to now, he was the only player who looked to beat a man and got us up the pitch without hoofing it. If he was pushing for a move he would have gone when athletico were interested, he clearly still wants to play for the club and we should respect him for that.

Mirallas is decent but he isn't consistent enough to be playing at many teams that are richer than us. I'm sure he could play in the champions league if he moved abroad, but not for a team with any realistic chance of winning it.

No winger is consistent, the only consistent ones are the likes of Bale etc, even Hazard goes missing in a lot of games, it is a part of being a winger.

Name names.

What exactly would Neymar be doing?
You think it would be impossible for him to be doing better? Seriously??

Staying onside would help, as would controlling the ball when given a chance to run at goal. Holding the ball up would be an improvement as well.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo would have chipped in with a few more goals but many other strikers could be doing better than him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back