Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is saying he is one of the best in the world though... He is good enough to play for the likes of Athletico/Dortmund/Arsenal etc who can't break world records on new wingers but still make a run in the competition.
Dortmund would be a step down right now. At Arsenal he would be way down the pecking order. He'd struggle to get into atletico's side as well I imagine.

I just don't think he's as good as people make out.

Dortmund would be a step down right now. At Arsenal he would be way down the pecking order. He'd struggle to get into atletico's side as well I imagine.

I just don't think he's as good as people make out.
When he is on form Kev is superb, excellent free kicks and got a good record on both assists and finding the net himself in open play.

His problems are that he can be selfish, doesn't have a great injury record, needs frequent subbing/resting and even then can "disappear" out of games.

I just struggle to see how even those obviously ace strikers you've picked would be doing any better with our weird tactics.

Very true they make their own though. Good point.

but they all cost around 3 times as much as rom ha and are playing for CL quarter final type teams instead of everton.

fully agree with you ijjy, our service is just abysmal, we don't play any risky through balls, he makes the run and in that time our midfielder always takes another touch and then plays the through ball. i've watched arsenal over the last month or so and everything they do is first time, we played them off the park last season. they look utterly streets ahead of us atm and they're having a terrible season. when lennon came on he was knocking it about first time which was good to see, hopefully he can bring more out of rom.

Not worried about Lukaku in the slightest.

I am however worried about the awful first touch that our front line had yesterday. Lukaku, Naisy, and Mirallas all let balls get away from them causing potential attacks to break down.

He's not missing many chances.

While I'd agree he needs to work on his all round game and create more for himself, if you give him the ball in a dangerous area he'll finish it more often than the vast majority.

I think we'll see him on the end of a fair few Lennon crosses before the season's finished.

I am a Lukaku fan, but he left so disappointed on Saturday. Went back to his lazy, idle ways. If I could have got my hands on him at the final whistle I would have throttled him. If he had more desire to score a goal and had a football brain he would double his scoring rate easy.

I've heard far too may people slate Lukaku for being offside so often on Saturday, but I think that is is a symptom of problems further back i trhe midlfield.

Lukakus game shouldn't be back to goal, hes much better when facing it. He's also not the fastest player in the prem, but can hold players off with his strength. If the ball was getting pushed out wide, for our pacy winders/fullbacks to get on to it, them pulling the ball back to Lukaku would create problems for the defenders as he would have the strength to hold them off, and would no longer be offside. I think we suffered in much the same way with Jelavic up front, we just aren't using them to their strengths.

On another note, Besic was boss.

I agree. I just disagree that his level is above us.
He's a bit of luxury player and when on top form his level is above us but since he also has a good few negatives we're about right for him. I love Kev but the time might be right for all concerned if he goes. He needs to at least try to give it a go for a CL team and I hope it works well for him. We'll be fine - I just hope he gives his all to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back