Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a tier of striker (that Rom isn't quite at yet) that create their own goals in a flash.

Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Lewa, Ronaldo, Aguero and RVP types.

I just struggle to see how even those obviously ace strikers you've picked would be doing any better with our weird tactics.

Very true they make their own though. Good point.

You think it would be impossible for him to be doing better? Seriously??

Staying onside would help, as would controlling the ball when given a chance to run at goal. Holding the ball up would be an improvement as well.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo would have chipped in with a few more goals but many other strikers could be doing better than him as well.

We've paid out record fee for a striker we don't allow to strike.

Well done Everton.

You're seeing what you want to now, he was the only player who looked to beat a man and got us up the pitch without hoofing it. If he was pushing for a move he would have gone when athletico were interested, he clearly still wants to play for the club and we should respect him for that.

No winger is consistent, the only consistent ones are the likes of Bale etc, even Hazard goes missing in a lot of games, it is a part of being a winger.
Mirallas had 22 touches of the ball and Lennon had 20 despite playing for about half the time.

Love Kev but he was largely anonymous yesterday

You're seeing what you want to now, he was the only player who looked to beat a man and got us up the pitch without hoofing it. If he was pushing for a move he would have gone when athletico were interested, he clearly still wants to play for the club and we should respect him for that.

No winger is consistent, the only consistent ones are the likes of Bale etc, even Hazard goes missing in a lot of games, it is a part of being a winger.
The most consistent ones end up at the top top clubs though. What sort of team or you implying he is good enough for then?

The most consistent ones end up at the top top clubs though. What sort of team or you implying he is good enough for then?

I don't think anyone is saying he is one of the best in the world though... He is good enough to play for the likes of Athletico/Dortmund/Arsenal etc who can't break world records on new wingers but still make a run in the competition.

Exactly.

Hasn't he got more at this stage this season than last season?

Yeah he has but I'm guessing he'd played a fair few less games for us at this point last season. This season we've had Europa as well as the fact he never played the first couple of games last season. Cba digging up the stats though.

Yeah he has but I'm guessing he'd played a fair few less games for us at this point last season. This season we've had Europa as well as the fact he never played the first couple of games last season. Cba digging up the stats though.

True dat

He's 21 like too. I was off my head most of my 21st year. Rom is doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back