Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe anyone moaning about him not scoring that chance last night. Cech pulled off arguably the save of the season to keep that out.
I suppose this is the proper perspective, but even my 6 year old moaned about missing. Baloteli finished a very similar chance for his team the night before- they got 3 points, we got none.

Roms first touch is as soft as
maxi_bricks_1-Copy.jpg

.....it's something he needs to learn then. Receiving the ball with his back to goal is a pre-requisite for his position, he needs to get hold of it and keep possession. I think he shows signs that he's working on this.

He does, but thats not what he is good at, its like we are completely changing him as a player.

He does, but thats not what he is good at, its like we are completely changing him as a player.

The fact that he is not good at that key aspect of his game doesn't detract that he's a fine goal scorer. He needs to improve his back to goal play as it will also improve his goal scoring ability. It's something he can't simply ignore because it is important.

.....it was a great chance and he should've scored. Fine save, but it should've been buried.

Agreed it was a great chance. I just think it was a lot more than a fine save. Lukaku did everything right - you just can't place those, not with the pace it had on it - and Cech came back with the best save so far this season. Look at the slow mo angles, it's superhuman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back