Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought for the long term I suppose. He really doesn't hold anything up tho. It's a big problem in certain games. Another who (regardless of Fee) shouldn't be starting every game.

Surely Kone was bought to actually do something other than sit on the bench. Certain games he would be a better choice starting than Rom.

Roberto's team selections and subs are baffling. With ALOT more options in the squad than Moyes was EVER lucky enough to have, he uses his squad and substitute options very poorly.
Agree, I'm especially disappointed that Kone hasn't been used more as a sub for last 15/20 mins against tired defenders.

All players benefit from a bit of a rest and think Rom really needs some more. Last season when he came back from injury he was playing better straight away and recently his form was also improved by a spell on the bench.

Not sure how true this is with seeing it on Twitter which was a link to CaughtOffside who name The Sun as their source, so if it's a load of bs I apologise but surely they can't quote him if he didn't say it???

"Everton striker Romelu Lukaku won’t be making himself popular with the Goodison Park faithful after suggesting he is already making plans to play for a ‘top club’ again after failing at Chelsea, the Sun reports.
The Belgian youngster, who made the permanent move to Everton from Chelsea in the summer after spending last year on loan with the Toffees, has not performed at his best this term.
Still, the 21-year-old seeminly fancies himself as moving on to better things before long, insisting he can make it at another big club despite not making the grade at Stamford Bridge.
“It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception,” he said.
“They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.
“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”"

Last edited:
Not sure how true this is with seeing it on Twitter which was a link to CaughtOffside who name The S*n as their source, so if it's a load of bs I apologise but surely they can't quote him if he didn't say it???

"Everton striker Romelu Lukaku won’t be making himself popular with the Goodison Park faithful after suggesting he is already making plans to play for a ‘top club’ again after failing at Chelsea, the Sun reports.

The Belgian youngster, who made the permanent move to Everton from Chelsea in the summer after spending last year on loan with the Toffees, has not performed at his best this term.
Still, the 21-year-old seeminly fancies himself as moving on to better things before long, insisting he can make it at another big club despite not making the grade at Stamford Bridge.
“They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.
“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”"
Im not reading too much into that but if he wants to join a Madrid/PSG/Bayern he better start playing a whole helluva lot better.

then again, those teams might actually feed him balls for him to run onto.

Im not reading too much into that but if he wants to join a Madrid/PSG/Bayern he better start playing a whole helluva lot better.

then again, those teams might actually feed him balls for him to run onto.

This.

He says eventually twice there so he's not talking about any time soon. Although if we're not playing to his strengths and Kev goes it might speed up his exit.

Get rid n play Kone... He knows how to close down players and control a ball. Why Martinez hasn't played him lately is bs...if anything it'll be competition for Rom

Not sure how true this is with seeing it on Twitter which was a link to CaughtOffside who name The Sun as their source, so if it's a load of bs I apologise but surely they can't quote him if he didn't say it???

If he was on here i'd neg him to oblivion.

He probably only signed if we agreed to sell him if bids come in. He won't be attracting any sufficient bids in the summer, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back